Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, sig rig pretty up to date, I have 2 ide hd's 250gb and 350gb, but run system off of a 300gb sata drive, I just replaced my 80gb sata drive, because windows showed a ftdisk error "The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur" After replacing the hd with the 300gb w/ fresh copy of xp pro, all was cool for about 10days, now same thing. It will reboot sometimes after the computer has been on for a while. For instance when I switch levels on a css dm server, or in the middle of a movie. Then after about 6 weeks will not load windows or see hd on boot, I will switch cables and sata ports, reboot and I get my 10 days of freedom from errors??? any ideas?

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
There might be something with the SATA controller. In which case the board would be bad. It could also be caused by an overclocked PCI-e lane though. Is your PCI-e lane locked at 100mhz?

Also if you want to be sure the HDD is not bad, run a HDD test. That will exclude the HDD from being the problem. Seatools (HDD testing tool from Seagate) will work on any HDD. Make sure you do an advanced test and not a quick test.

• Rep+
Reactions: odie

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a little more info on why I think it is the mb's sata headers. when my older 80gb sata drive was posting the error, I switched to an IDE hd for about 2 months and never had a problem, then switched back and about 10days later started getting errors. The 80gb sata drive that was in "eminent failure" according to system log has been running in another box for 3mo no problem. I looked for updated bios for mb, but none, looked for updated drivers EPOX does not have them anymore as far as I can find. I have resorted to building a new computer, and will post build in different thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts