Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I TeK things...
17,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
According to rumors around the Internet, once famous mainboard maker Epox went out of business and its employees flee to form the new company named Supox. Epox has been struggling to survive for a long time and it is not a big surprise that it is gone now.

The whole mainboard product lineup of Supox resembles that of Epox, though, there are some additions too. Therefore, it can be expected that Supox does have ties with Epox, even though it is not completely clear whether the company, which was established back in April now owns manufacturing capacities of Epox, or just holds some intellectual property rights.

It is not exactly clear what happened to Epox and why the company, or its employees, decided to establish Supox.
Source: X-bit labs

·
Banned
715 Posts
EPoX is a quality mainboard manufacturer, even as its struggling and dying...I expect some nice motherboards from Supox if they can get their feet on the ground first...Epox made the best socket A overclocking motherboards and even now their AM2 and 939 mobos are good for OCing, and always stable. Their cheapest mobo's are the worst though, RMA's and RMA's....anything above $50 with the Epox name is worth getting

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
it was rumored that the new CEO decided to use cheaper caps...but then changed his mind with the added higher amounts of RMA...My AF570ultra has solid caps....

It is also rumored that the CEO and higher ups were embezeling monies from with Epox by selling at a way lower rate to other companies cheaper than their competition could and let those buys sell and the going rate thus giving Epox a kick back that went into the pockets of the higher-ups and CEO....

I really like my Epox AF570ultra...the only thing holding that board back is a very lacking bios....it's worse than the TForce 550....it has every option but is limited to 250 bus speed and cannot be changed or modded without a bios revamp....

I am wanting to get a 4800 or higher AM2 to see if I can get 3G's or higher out of the board...

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_bowtie
View Post

it was rumored that the new CEO decided to use cheaper caps...but then changed his mind with the added higher amounts of RMA...My AF570ultra has solid caps....

It is also rumored that the CEO and higher ups were embezeling monies from with Epox by selling at a way lower rate to other companies cheaper than their competition could and let those buys sell and the going rate thus giving Epox a kick back that went into the pockets of the higher-ups and CEO....

I really like my Epox AF570ultra...the only thing holding that board back is a very lacking bios....it's worse than the TForce 550....it has every option but is limited to 250 bus speed and cannot be changed or modded without a bios revamp....

I am wanting to get a 4800 or higher AM2 to see if I can get 3G's or higher out of the board...

Epox was one of the very first mobo mfg's to use solid state caps. Everyone else seemed to follow suit, the crumble of epox is unfortunate but i'm happy they set-up supox, meh name kinds sucks but whatever, i'll be buying a mobo from them now I suppose.

Owned 2 epox boards. Both 939. One cost me 60$ other cost me 130$ both still running rock solid.
both had up to 450-500 fsb settings.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
They don't make intel boards do they? I've never really heard too much about their boards. I do know the company name though.

·
Premium Member
18,210 Posts
Back few years back i had a socket 370 i thk with a celly 1100 overclocked to 1600mhz was a nice board till it just up and died one day. If you goto epox webite its still up and registerd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts