Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used PCs for years and am reasonably knowledgeable about audio in general. But I do have some questions that, for some reason, seem to be very hard to find answers to.

Okay I have an XP system with an old SoundBlaster Live card. There are two things I am interested in doing. For one thing, I would like to have the ability to equalize my mic level...so basically I just want the ability to add more bass to my voice when I'm in a podcast. Is there ANY way to do this with free or cheap software? Everything that comes with Creative is all about altering the speakers, not outgoing sound.

Also, sometimes in the past, I have been able to play sounds on my computer and have everyone on the line with me (in Skype or Teamspeak or whatever) hear them clearly. That ability seems to come and go. What do I need to do to make this happen.

Thanks a million for any help. I've been trying to find these answers for a while. lol

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by paul8agrape
View Post

Also, sometimes in the past, I have been able to play sounds on my computer and have everyone on the line with me (in Skype or Teamspeak or whatever) hear them clearly. That ability seems to come and go. What do I need to do to make this happen.

Thanks a million for any help. I've been trying to find these answers for a while. lol

you have to set the input to stereo mix for that to work. i do it some times.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by spice003
View Post

you have to set the input to stereo mix for that to work. i do it some times.

I'm not sure I follow...how would I do that exactly?

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
in xp open volume control, options, properties, adjust volume for check recording, make sure stereo mix is checked, hit ok, select stereo mix as recording device.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by spice003
View Post

in xp open volume control, options, properties, adjust volume for check recording, make sure stereo mix is checked, hit ok, select stereo mix as recording device.

What does it mean if I don't have Stereo Mix as an option?

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
it means it you sound card does not support it or you need to get better drivers for you sound card. in vista my sound card gets installed automatically by vista with vista drivers, and does not give me stereo mix, so i have to download the drivers from manufacturer site to get stereo mix. what kinda sound card do you have, onboard or pci-e? you should also fill out your system specs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts