Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello... I was flashing my bios and a relative blew a breaker and this computer was not attached to backup power at this time.
When i tried starting it again and it just reboots and reboots, I can not get anything else to work.
Help please..

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Sounds like a corrupt BIOS. Some motherboards allow you to plug in a data stick with the BIOS on it and it will automatically search for it and restore it. If that doesn't work than you'll have to buy another BIOS chip for your board.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
On my motherboard, no matter how bad you screw it up, If you reset them CMOS jumper it will flash to 1.0 BIOS, I wish I could help you more but there is quite a bit of alcohol in my system. (also my motherboard was the cheapest am3 mobo available in december)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Sounds like a corrupt BIOS. Some motherboards allow you to plug in a data stick with the BIOS on it and it will automatically search for it and restore it. If that doesn't work than you'll have to buy another BIOS chip for your board.
Hey thanks... i have searched everywhere for pheonix bios, and i am having a very hard time getting this, any suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts