Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'll be purchasing my new system within the next few weeks. I have a few questions that need to be answered first.

A) Will the P5B-Deluxe (Non-wifi if it matters) support DX10 cards?

B) Will dielectric grease residue on the bottom of my CPU affect my performance?

C) What Vcore level should I stay at when I'm on air? I'm thinking no more than 1.4V

D) The Teamgroup ram comes with the warranty sticker on the memory chips. Can I place the heat spreaders on top without voiding the warranty?

I'll cut straight to the cheese.

Components:

CPU: E6300 Week 25

Ram: Click

Motheboard: Click

Cooling: Click

Any other suggestions?

When I get the parts, please be noob-friendly when it comes to overclocking. I've had a proprietary system for two years and I don't know much about Bios flashing/memory overclocking etc..

Could any of you post guides for overclocking on the P5B-Deluxe?

Thanks

-****erfx

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
A) Yes its not a new platform...

B) No dielectric grease wont do anything

C) I run 1.6 and im fine load is under 60c @ 3.6

D) Sure can be careful taking them off though. There fine without heatspreaders

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone recommend a 5.25 fan controller?

I'd like to buy it from xoxide.com or frozencpu.com

I was thinking of this.

Would this fit inside my case? Is it good? How do I connect it to control the fans?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Off the top of my head I want to say max VDimm is 2.5, might be 2.6 though. either way, you'll never have to take it that high. NB voltage is more important with Conroe systems and the P5B tops out in BIOS at 1.65, a lot of people have had to run higher SB voltages too and the P5B tops out at 1.8 for that.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Mostly dependant on your processor and cooling. With a 6300 I would say you should dfeinately be able to get close, atleast to 450.

NB cooling is a must though, even at stock speeds the NB heatsink will get hot enough that you won't want to touch it. Given that you'll probbaly need between 1.45 and 1.55v to the northbridge for those speeds a dedicated NB cooler would be a good investment. Even with watercooling my NB runs about 34-36C.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts