Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
opening/typing a word document "There is insufficient memory or disk space. Word cannot display the requested font"

***, Local disk = 69.0gb free!

Is this something to do with instability? after OC'ing my cpu and GPU. Ran prime 95 for 12 hours without an error and then turned it off because i couldnt be bothered.

p.s. when i was on my comp earlier my mum being a **** turned the power off 3 times, could this of done something?

Jag

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggedlion

opening/typing a word document "There is insufficient memory or disk space. Word cannot display the requested font"

Is this something to do with instability? after OC'ing my cpu and GPU. Ran prime 95 for 12 hours without an error and then turned it off because i couldnt be bothered.

p.s. when i was on my comp earlier my mum being a **** turned the power off 3 times, could this of done something?

Jag

sounds like a resource issue

do you have like several programs running in the background???

hit ctrl + alt + del and click the processes tab

and see how many programs are running

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Jag

Read the windows paging guide at http://www.overclock.net/showthread.php?t=9639, it will help you resolve that problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

sounds like a resource issue

do you have like several programs running in the background???

hit ctrl + alt + del and click the processes tab

and see how many programs are running

38 processes

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostnhell

In the taskmanager-performance tab, how is the Page File Usage?

233mb

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

In the taskmanager-performance tab, how is the Page File Usage?

yeah performance tab....

i believe that commit charge is the page file usage and its in the bottom right of process tab... but i wasnt thinking page file was an issue i was thinking actual memory being bogged down...

Just trying to help....

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

233mb

what percentage of available PF cache is that?

Just try the guide listed below and tell me if that works.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Commit charge: 234m/1250m
leave the task manager on and try to open Word, then close word and look at the task manager resources tab to see where the discrepancy is.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

leave the task manager on and try to open Word, then close word and look at the task manager resources tab to see where the discrepancy is.
processes??? done that but what should i be looking for?

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

processes??? done that but what should i be looking for?
open the task manager, go to processes, start ms word, leave the task mager open.

While word is loading watch teh different categories for a sudden burst of needed processes (not cpu).

You will most likely fing that it is the PF usage that moves the most, if that is the case follow the PF guide.

I had the same problem with Photoshop until I changed the PF settings.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts