Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after I restarted my PC after updating Geforce Experience I looked in the event Viewer and I got an error related to it.

Event ID 1

Source NvStreamSvc

Is anyone else getting this? Will this negatively affect my PC?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren9 View Post

I have 2 of them from the time I updated to it, nothing since I disabled it in the streaming tab. All I wanted was ShadowPlay
mad.gif
It's trying to connect to a device that hasn't even been released - I'd ignore it.
It might be something to do with the 320.41 beta drivers being released today also.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else having the same issue?

EDIT: I disabled the streaming tab also because I don't have a Nvidia Shield but I'm still getting the two errors after I rebooted.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannedBullets View Post

Anyone else having the same issue?

EDIT: I disabled the streaming tab also because I don't have a Nvidia Shield but I'm still getting the two errors after I rebooted.
Same here, Getting this NvStreamSvc error at event viewer with the latest beta driver also

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yup, I noticed the event viewer crap and it annoys me to no end!!! Here's what did it for me (the fix that is)...

I went into programs & features and removed the dumb "Virtual HD Audio Driver" for Nvidia and pooof, like magic, the errors went away... I have enough performance issues alone with the Nvidia HD audio driver, now this crap!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yup, I noticed the event viewer crap and it annoys me to no end!!! Here's what did it for me (the fix that is)...

I went into programs & features and removed the dumb "Virtual HD Audio Driver" for Nvidia and pooof, like magic, the errors went away... I have enough performance issues alone with the Nvidia HD audio driver, now this crap!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toker Weeds View Post

So you just unistalled the HD audio driver at control panel/ remove programs...?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,
Just stop the NvStreamSvc service. Open a command prompt (as Admin) and type:
sc stop "NvStreamSvc"
sc config "NvStreamSvc" start= disabled

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't have shield and never will. I've been fighting this problem (just got a black screen for 2 sec.) for a week. When I try the many solutions on the web, none work. In cmd I get a msg saying "the (5 sec. freeze) specified service does not exist as an installed service." In task mgr It won't let me stop process. I like nvidia v cards but I'm thinking AMD just because of this problem.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Upgrading to 1.6.1 for GeForce Experience seemed to fix it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts