*Externaly eSATA or eSATA/USB
*Completely enclosed
*500GB+
*75$ or less

I don't care about:

*How big the power cord is
*Active or Non-Active cooling
*Aesthetics

I would love if you guys could recommend me some deals for under 75$ that are either self contained or are a combination of dock+HDD. Thanks and links are very helpful if you're posting replies!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks macca~

I have, yes! But I currently have two 500GB WD Blacks and nothing else spare except a Maxtor 160GB IDE drive. That IDE drive is being used in another computer for other backup purposes. I want a backup drive that I can keep solely as a backup drive. I just want two really important things : enclosed/eSATA connection. And I'd like to find that at 75$ or less for 500GB of external backup (all it will be used for).

·
Premium Member
9,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No it does, as far as I can tell. Not sure about the guts but it's got a WD Green inside (not the fastest but 7200RPM, good deal). The price is right. I send a message via eBay to see if I can swindle a deal... :-0

EDIT: The green was in a different one I looked at, this one has a Hitachi/IBM listed as the HDD! Either way, of no concern to me. I just want eSATA for the speed.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Yep I still think its quite a nice looking drive ( In a retro way ),
I have a few Esata drive caddies because of the back up systems I use not just on my PC's but other peoples so I went for the Hdd swappable set up instead,

You will have to let us know how it is when you get it because that looks quite a bargain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts