Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Your most effective protection against today's huge volumes of threats from the web or emails. Based on ESET NOD32 Antivirus, it delivers proactive protection against new attacks during the critical hours when other vendors' products are not aware a new attack even exists. It also blocks spam and includes personal firewall. ESET Smart Security is lightning fast. Unlike other Internet security products, it will not slow down your system or inconvenience you while you work or play. Version 4 is faster, easier to use, and delivers stronger protection
Get it here:
http://www.eset.com/purchase/index.php

·
Registered
643 Posts
Nod32 is a good anti-virus. Light weight, fast scanning, good detection, silent, and works great on XP and Vista unlike many others. The only problem with it, is it won't remove some malware if you're already infected. But, for that, there's Malwarebytes

·
Initializing...
23,796 Posts
I like better the previous version. I tried this one and for some reason it really slows down my Internet browsing.

·
Premium Member
11,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was in beta

·
Premium Member
11,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wiat for v3 to expire, marin

·
Banned
5,485 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marin
View Post

Stick to Version 3 and wait for it to expire or get Version 4... hmmm...

I had purchased version 3 and version 4 was a free upgrade for me
Just enter your username and password in the download site.

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
View Post

I had purchased version 3 and version 4 was a free upgrade for me
Just enter your username and password in the download site.

I was about to say.. I purchased a 2 year license. I wasn't going to purchase another one just to get a software upgrade

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
Just "upgraded" mine. Not much different that I can see apart from now it says version 4 and not 3. Does anybody have a change log?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
Still on version 2. Nothing wrong with it, until it expires

I've tried out versions 2, 3, 4. As far as I'm concerned 3 and 4 are identical minus a few changes. Version 2 was probably the best because it could be set up so it never nags you about updates, and unnecessary services could be disabled without it complaining. As a result, it was much more lightweight than the current version.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I use nod32 and my license ends in May. For the last couple days I have been getting weird pop-ups saying that components had been updated; not the normal one that says virus signature database has been updated to latest which I would get about once or twice a day. This new pop-up started happening frequently and I had to turn the desktop pop-ups off as it kept trying to come up during gaming.

·
Banned
5,485 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by version2 View Post
I've tried out versions 2, 3, 4. As far as I'm concerned 3 and 4 are identical minus a few changes. Version 2 was probably the best because it could be set up so it never nags you about updates, and unnecessary services could be disabled without it complaining. As a result, it was much more lightweight than the current version.
You are aware, that is still possible in versions 3 and 4, correct? Just toggle advanced view, and the preferences have all the advanced settings.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
winrar

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.