Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
under my nose
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quote:
Thanks to some leaked images from the Brazilian equivalent of the FCC, it appears that Amazon's long-awaited set-top box/game console is finally coming to market. The leaked images show a gamepad that is strongly reminiscent of the Xbox 360 gamepad, with some additional buttons in the middle, and some media playback buttons on the bottom edge.
SOURCE

I kinda like it for some reason.
biggrin.gif

·
News Junkie
8,232 Posts
Hmmm, looks interesting.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Am I the only one that actively wishes the standard controller face-button layout had B and X reversed?

Heck I've even tried physically modding an Xbox 360 controller and a Wii classic controller to have said arrangement, but the buttons on modern controllers are slightly sloped so that putting the buttons into any other slot results in them being crooked or sloping to the wrong side.

DISCLAIMER: I understand that B being to the right of A originates back from the 80s with consoles like the Sega Master System (A = 1, B = 2). Nevertheless Nintendo had a chance to put A on the bottom and B on the left with the Game Boy, NES "Dogbone", and then the SNES (and yet Super Mario World used B and Y for run & jump which maps to the NES's A & B for run & jump in Super Mario Bros). Yes the N64 follows the A & B layout in question, but that was too late since the 4 button layout was the standard on PlayStation and that the 4 c-buttons were simply the precursor to the right analog stick, making the N64's 6 face buttons typically more like 2 face buttons + a right dpad.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Looks like an android controller the way the buttons are marked. Not sure why companies think console type of Android gaming is worth getting into when the majority of the games are for mobile touch screens. I can't imagine myself coming home to use a device to play something my phone can already do while on the go, which is the only time those android games get played anyway. I'd rather play on a PC or Xbox where there is better games that take more than 5 minutes to master.

Possibly something to go with their kindle but still don't see why its needed.

·
PC Gamer
6,464 Posts
looks bulky, ugly and cheap no thanks

·
Registered
773 Posts
ugh. Looks inferior. Looks like that cheap plastic too. Usually I like square and rectangular features in pretty much everything but here it doesn't look good.

In the current world of customization looks like they are making a bad move if that's all that they are gonna offer in terms of asthetics. Might be ok for an emergency back up controller. But I wouldn't buy it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts