Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nvidia is promoting their own high-end performance in major AI and machine learning benchmarks, as apparently some kind of floodgate has popped open on companies talking about performance metrics for their own hardware solution (This isn’t literally true, but we’ve been seeing a lot of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and similar data cross our desks of late). According to Nvidia, it’s hit some major milestones, including:
NVIDIA, Intel and Google all in an arms race with each other over really powerful computer systems
Source

·
Performance is the bible
7,135 Posts
Interesting that this pops up right after Google talks about its TPU.
Not very. Pretty expected.
There are only a handful of players in this market and with google's money and resources, nvidia will be afraid that google eat their market.
Votla cards are far from being cheap, and if google manufacture and sell them for half the price, nvidia will be in trouble.
The low end is being competed by AMD and intel's multi core chips, and nvidia have been basically dominating the top end. With new players in the market, nvidia needs something to keep them above the others.

·
Original 16-bit Genesis®
1,756 Posts
Pretty Expected, Maybe. Its interesting to me since EVERYONE knows when Google I/O goes down. This some how releases when Google I/O is happening on the same timeframe Google's TPU is detailed.

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty Expected, Maybe. Its interesting to me since EVERYONE knows when Google I/O goes down. This some how releases when Google I/O is happening on the same timeframe Google's TPU is detailed.
It's a race to who cracks AI first. Those that do, will be able to control everything around you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts