Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a blinking yellow LED supposed to mean? I'm on my college's network, and I've noticed that there's only a blinking yellow LED and no green or orange LED's. Is this some code? I have internet, but if I try to bridge my connections, it turns off the dataport (probably not supposed to bridge connections...). Anyone know?

· Registered
447 Posts
What kind of computer are your using? Does it normally have a green light on the NIC? What are you trying to bridge? Is it a connection in a dorm or something?

Not all NICs are created equal. Some have a green light when there is a link, and some don't. Usually, the blinking amber light is due to network activity. It blinks when data is being transferred.

· Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi MrBlink

I'm using the very one in my sig. It's an Intel port, so I guess I'm used to the green LED being on. The Yukon port is above this port and I was trying to bridge the two together so I could play XBox Live, but my school dataport was turned off (seemed like a security thing to prevent bridging and routers).

I'm in my dorm, and I'm just trying to make sure I won't lose my connection by installing a router (with the mac address cloned, of course).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.