Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
EA has canned the Dead Space series, according to a new report.

Development on Dead Space 4 was ceased after lower than expected sales of Dead Space 3, a source told VideoGamer.com.

The game had been in pre-production at Visceral Games and Visceral Montreal. The latter was reportedly closed after a restructuring.

EA declined to comment when contacted by Eurogamer this morning.
Source

Looks like they finally milked the series dry...good riddance.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Good riddance? The Dead Space series was excellent. Personally I'm gutted about this.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Ow please, they milked it on the 3rd as much as possible. EA will can more games unless the company realizes the true way to go is not on Origin but on Steam.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Origin and Micro transactions. 2 reasons that they did not get my money. I spent a large amount of hour in DS 1 & 2. Oh well maybe it will come to steam one day and i can get it for 5 bucks on a sale.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I thought Dead Space 3 was only ever going to be a trilogy anyway?

Bah, EA is killing off it's own games because of the way they are trying to greedily exploit their customers.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSmiley View Post

I thought Dead Space 3 was only ever going to be a trilogy anyway?

Bah, EA is killing off it's own games because of the way they are trying to greedily exploit their customers.
What's next? Battlefield? Because they will do it. It will come to that.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I couldn't play more than about a third of Dead Space 3, I just didn't like how it felt to play. Dead Space 1 and 2 were great, and really satisfying to slice up necromorphs, but I just didn't think Dead Space 3 was nearly as good.

Then of course there was the microtransactions link popping up everywhere, lack of atmosphere, and I disliked the weapon crafting system. But it was mainly the gameplay for me. The game just felt like they 'sold out' and tried to appeal to as many people as possible, and lost sight of making a focused gaming experience. Instead of making a game that is very good at what it is, they made a game that is average at everything it is trying to be.

So I'm not sad there will be no Dead Space 4. If they 'reboot' the series then fine, but not in the same vein as Dead Space 3 for me..

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if ea decides to kill all of their games and starts releasing only bf games since they are profitable.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Another good series, screwed up by EA, nice job guys... Their HQ should be nuked from orbit when it's working at peak capacity.

Unbelievable.

If they continue to screw their franchises, i dont think EA will see 2014 or 2015, that's a good news though.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpii View Post

The game just felt like they 'sold out' and tried to appeal to as many people as possible, and lost sight of making a focused gaming experience. Instead of making a game that is very good at what it is, they made a game that is average at everything it is trying to be.
That's exactly what EA was going for.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay2nice000 View Post

Battlefield.... never thats there bread and butter, thats like activision canning COD.... never gonna happen they will milk it dry and then some
They are already milking the living hell outa BF3 to the core of what BF is.
I'm sure they will find a way to kill it, they always do. I mean cmon, it's EA.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksireaper View Post

Origin and Micro transactions. 2 reasons that they did not get my money. I spent a large amount of hour in DS 1 & 2. Oh well maybe it will come to steam one day and i can get it for 5 bucks on a sale.
This is the real issue. But the problem is that they will never recognize that.
frown.gif

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Blah blah blah blah blah

I have no love for EA but they are doing THE SAME THING that EVERY OTHER DEVELPER Does....2k games, ubisoft, square enix,blizzard activision they all do microtransactions yet do you complain about them here? There's some amazing double standard with EA, and it's completely silly to be honest. Do you all whine and stamp your feet when blizzard sells a battle.net pet for WoW that costs 20$? How about a 50$ faction change? Or a 3$ costume in Street Fighter 4? Everyone does microtrasactions. Hypocrites much? I hope none of you buy games from 2k, ubisoft, blizzard, square enix, bethesda, capcom, because if you do you're all hypocrites. Everyone does microtransactions, E V E R Y O N E does microtransactions.
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleras View Post

Blah blah blah blah blah

I have no love for EA but they are doing THE SAME THING that EVERY OTHER DEVELPER Does....2k games, ubisoft, square enix,blizzard activision they all do microtransactions yet do you complain about them here? There's some amazing double standard with EA, and it's completely silly to be honest. Do you all whine and stamp your feet when blizzard sells a battle.net pet for WoW that costs 20$? How about a 50$ faction change? Or a 3$ costume in Street Fighter 4? Everyone does microtrasactions. Hypocrites much? I hope none of you buy games from 2k, ubisoft, blizzard, square enix, bethesda, capcom, because if you do you're all hypocrites. Everyone does microtransactions, E V E R Y O N E does microtransactions.
rolleyes.gif
This guy is OBVIOUSLY working for EA......

....jk LOL

·
Registered
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleras View Post

Blah blah blah blah blah

rolleyes.gif
x2

I've been playing DS3, bought it yesterday and i'm loving it, it has some flaws, like the generic ammo, but still a very good game

·
Adclock.net
3,751 Posts
blizzard stores microtransactions are for well, They are for plushies, Ingame mini pets that have no impact, Other various cosmetic things, As with Ncsofts Aion store, And diablo 3's AH is run pretty much by players, I don't see how everyones using microtransactions, Theres also CD project

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.