Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:


Few games have been as exhaustively detailed ahead of their release as second World of Warcraft expansion, Wrath of the Lich King. After Blizzard failed to plug the leaks from early testing, it resigned itself to the inevitable and lifted any and all non-disclosure restrictions from the public beta test. The insatiable hunger for information of 11 million fans was just too great a force to resist, even for a company as powerful and protective as Blizzard...

Source
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,927 Posts
no surprises there

NrGx, what happened to your old avatar???
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:


Originally Posted by -iceblade^
View Post

no surprises there

NrGx, what happened to your old avatar???

6 PMs wanting it back
I caved in...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:


Originally Posted by Hellisforheroes
View Post

no game as of yet deserves 10/10

especially WoW.

So a game that has 11 million subscribers and has topped best seller lists for over 4 years especially doesn't deserve a 10/10? They gave GTA4 a 10!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,339 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by NrGx
View Post

So a game that has 11 million subscribers and has topped best seller lists for over 4 years especially doesn't deserve a 10/10? They gave GTA4 a 10!

All the more reason to not give it a 10/10. Anything that mainstream can't be perfect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,158 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by NrGx
View Post

So a game that has 11 million subscribers and has topped best seller lists for over 4 years especially doesn't deserve a 10/10? They gave GTA4 a 10!

the people who gave GTA4 a 10 were obviously financially linked. and as for this review. the website is obviously largely based around the WoW fanbase. Which probably includes the reviewers. A real critic would never disrespect themselves enough to give a game 10/10. No game is perfect. And if this one was. Then it'd be something more than an expansion pack for people with an addiction. But that's all it is.

WoW isnt like any other games. I dont even regard it to be a 'video game' as I would regard Call of Duty or GTA etc. Its more like a hobby. And those 11 million subscribers are addicted to the devotion that the game requires for you to progress and succeed. The sense of accomplishment from WoW isnt what you can get by going online on COD4 and topping the server list in team deathmatch. Its way different to that. And to be frank. When you pull it all down to basics. WoW is nothing more than a graphically out dated MMORPG that holds tight to a handful of basic gameplay mechanics that have always worked and earned blizzard money. Statistics dont mean anything. And neither does this review.

Thats my 2 cents. Take it or leave it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,143 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Clinic
View Post

All the more reason to not give it a 10/10. Anything that mainstream can't be perfect.

What? So a perfect game can't be mainstream? That has to be one of the most biased remarks I've heard. And this is coming from someone that doesn't play WoW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,483 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Hellisforheroes
View Post

the people who gave GTA4 a 10 were obviously financially linked. and as for this review. the website is obviously largely based around the WoW fanbase. Which probably includes the reviewers. A real critic would never disrespect themselves enough to give a game 10/10. No game is perfect. And if this one was. Then it'd be something more than an expansion pack for people with an addiction. But that's all it is.

WoW isnt like any other games. I dont even regard it to be a 'video game' as I would regard Call of Duty or GTA etc. Its more like a hobby. And those 11 million subscribers are addicted to the devotion that the game requires for you to progress and succeed. The sense of accomplishment from WoW isnt what you can get by going online on COD4 and topping the server list in team deathmatch. Its way different to that. And to be frank. When you pull it all down to basics. WoW is nothing more than a graphically out dated MMORPG that holds tight to a handful of basic gameplay mechanics that have always worked and earned blizzard money. Statistics dont mean anything. And neither does this review.

Thats my 2 cents. Take it or leave it.

Agreed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
588 Posts
WoW paid off the review sites just like GTAIV and MGS4. A ton of sites had WotLK ads even ocn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,469 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NrGx View Post
So a game that has 11 million subscribers and has topped best seller lists for over 4 years especially doesn't deserve a 10/10? They gave GTA4 a 10!
sales mean nothing. no game is a 10/10, it should just be there to say "this is how close this game got to perfection." GTA4 was a total let down and the reviewers caved into the hype. WOW is just a treadmill with some nice bells and whistles. MGS4 had no business above a 9 as well. Games like shadow of the colossus are more deserving of those scores if they're dead set on handing them out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,650 Posts
They give ratings to expansion packs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,379 Posts
some games have deserved a 10/10 but only few and far between, i think this kind of rating can only be given looking back on games though. ocarina of time, original mario bros, and tetris all deserve 10's IMO. im sure you can think of more that are beyond famous.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,758 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellisforheroes View Post
no game as of yet deserves 10/10

especially WoW.
Lies! Super Metroid, Castlevania: SOTN, FF3/6/7....I could go on, but everyone has games they believe are 10/10, except you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,379 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordikon View Post
Lies! Super Metroid, Castlevania: SOTN, FF3/6/7....I could go on, but everyone has games they believe are 10/10, except you.
Mhmmm to FF7
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
582 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Hellisforheroes
View Post

the people who gave GTA4 a 10 were obviously financially linked. and as for this review. the website is obviously largely based around the WoW fanbase. Which probably includes the reviewers. A real critic would never disrespect themselves enough to give a game 10/10. No game is perfect. And if this one was. Then it'd be something more than an expansion pack for people with an addiction. But that's all it is.

WoW isnt like any other games. I dont even regard it to be a 'video game' as I would regard Call of Duty or GTA etc. Its more like a hobby. And those 11 million subscribers are addicted to the devotion that the game requires for you to progress and succeed. The sense of accomplishment from WoW isnt what you can get by going online on COD4 and topping the server list in team deathmatch. Its way different to that. And to be frank. When you pull it all down to basics. WoW is nothing more than a graphically out dated MMORPG that holds tight to a handful of basic gameplay mechanics that have always worked and earned blizzard money. Statistics dont mean anything. And neither does this review.

Thats my 2 cents. Take it or leave it.

Agreed. I really regret wasting my time playing that game...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,437 Posts
I concur. Wrath wipes the floor with both of its predecessors. The zones are epic and beautiful, the story/questlines are equally intriguing and sometimes hilarious. My warlock has never felt weaker in full swp gear as he does now when a retribution paladin or dual 2-hand wielding warrior cuts through me as if my armor suffix was "of the butter" rather than of the malefic.

Even if you don't play this game for hardcore raiding, the questing thus fae has never once felt like a grind. And I'm already L78.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,234 Posts
wow does not deserve a 10/10...at all....

i play wow, i played since the beginning and at no point does wow deserve 10/10.....i am currently sitting at level 80 on my resto druid and i have run Naxx.....

jsut to let you all know, its the same crap as last time...only difference this time is the acheievments....i will admit there are some "fun" boss fights...and by "fun" i mean blizzard finally took it upon themselves to actually make bosses different, rather then copy the same boss mechanics like they did in BC.

So flame me all you want, insult me...but the end game is pretty much the same as the alst 2 games...be ready to be disappointed if ur looking forward to end game being this amazing thing..cause its really not....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Darz
View Post

Agreed. I really regret wasting my time playing that game...

I couldn't agree more.

I look back at all the time playing and I think about what I could have been doing that would payoff in the end besides a "OMG I GOTZ EPIX". I'm not dissing the people that play WoW (I have a few friends that are completely into the game), I'm just disappointed with how I spent my time.
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top