Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Update: Gearbox president Randy Pitchford has finally acknowledged the discrepancy between the Aliens: Colonial Marines hands-off demo and the final game that shipped to lackluster reviews last week.
Source

I personally hope this bad of a release damages their reputation. Unless the game is Borderlands, it doesn't seem they can do anything right. Heck, I even though BL1 was a complete disaster.

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by frickfrock99 View Post

At least he's finally addressing it.
However, that doesn't change what he did. His behavior was still utterly reprehensible.
Agreed. I can't post it because it has a swear word in the article but go to destructoid and look for the article under PC news "Developer: Gearbox lied to SEGA, 2K over Colonial Marines". Pretty interesting stuff. It's, as of now, the 7th article down.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Duke Nukem wasn't all quality either.. Borderlands is a fun average game.. BiA is also average..

GearBox doesn't deserve the reputation it have..

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Even an explanation at this point will do little to ease the pain of those who preordered it. Unless, of course, they release a complete overhaul of the game...eh, bascially a new game...which won't happen. Besudes, I just want the Aliens franchise to move on in to more capable hands. There are, clearly, much better developers out there.

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpriess View Post

Duke Nukem wasn't all quality either.. Borderlands is a fun average game.. BiA is also average..

GearBox doesn't deserve the reputation it have..
They got the rep because they did something completely different with BL1. I thought it was over glorified garbage. The zillion guns thing was really just the same gun with 2% better accuracy and the big awesome guns were just mission prizes and meh. BL2 actually offered a heck of a lot better story and I enjoyed it a considerable amount more, the co-op drop in worked great but they still can't code driving worth a crap.

Anywho...here's some more to read

http://www.destructoid.com/gearbox-looking-at-an-explanation-for-colonial-marines-245968.phtml

He's blocking people like crazy on twitter right now who don't stroke his false ego.

·
Null
6,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpykeZ View Post

Source

I personally hope this bad of a release damages their reputation. Unless the game is Borderlands, it doesn't seem they can do anything right. Heck, I even though BL1 was a complete disaster.
BL1 was a complete disaster. A lot of people seem to have lost their memories in hindsight. The gamespy servers were absolutely trash and just anyone who was willing to actually play the game online had to resort to using either hamachi (spotty at best) or gameranger in order to just play COOP. Of course, the campaign was pretty damn mediocre too and only really good for people who enjoy obsessing over randomized drops.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
ROFL
Quote:
As a glass-half-full kind of guy, so I only want positive feelings with my personal twitter. Thanks for understanding!

You're welcome to say whatever you want, of course. Know that I will tend to block users who I believe are not offering value, but injury.
Dear world, please only stroke my ego.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Quote:

ROFL
I think he's justified in doing so. There's alot of personal attacks directed at him, and often not constructive at all.

·
Waiting on New Hardware
4,478 Posts
their legal department should prepare for a class action suit on false advertising

·
Registered
441 Posts
Its all very well complaining about this, but they wont do anything to rectify the situation.
He's only admitting the discrepancy because its so blindingly obvious and to save face so he still gets paid.

The only possible way to make everyone happy, is to totally re-work the game and release a patch.....which wont happen because it'll take too much time and money.

As for the Alien franchise.....well lets face it, anything past Alien 3 was a shambles (sorry to preach but its true), so the fact that the Alien game franchise has gone the same way is no real surprise to me.

Im just glad I held off on Thursday and didn't waste the petrol/time going to buy it!!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McNasty View Post

Its all very well complaining about this, but they wont do anything to rectify the situation.
He's only admitting the discrepancy because its so blindingly obvious and to save face so he still gets paid.

The only possible way to make everyone happy, is to totally re-work the game and release a patch.....which wont happen because it'll take too much time and money.

As for the Alien franchise.....well lets face it, anything past Alien 3 was a shambles (sorry to preach but its true), so the fact that the Alien game franchise has gone the same way is no real surprise to me.

Im just glad I held off on Thursday and didn't waste the petrol/time going to buy it!!
Um alien 3 is the worst movie of the 4 and that is a fact. It cuts off everything Alien and Aliens built as a for the sequel.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Well lets face it, they release a rubbish game, over the weekend they release a SHIFT code for A:CM that gives you the "Friend of Gearbox" Decal, which in turn says on it "Building better games" ( I get the Wayland Yutani reference ) which I found down right insulting. Two days later he issues a statement saying "I don't want bad things on my twitter" and "I'm losing a lot of money over this." Is it just me or has he got this Messianic / Steve Jobs mentality?

IMHO I really can't see the hype with Borderlands 2, it's a bad internet meme joke that panders to American teen "Bro's", I personally found Borderlands 1 to be a lot better. They fudged up DNF, which I was really looking forwards too.

I want them to release a really great Wii U version and to patch all our versions up to it, but realistically I know all we'll get is an AI fix and that's about it. What really Irks me and is a constant reminder of what it could've been is in the intro.
In the umbilical between ships, just after the explosive decompression in the Sulaco and the marine flies out and hits the roof. You can still hear the glass cracking even though the shatter effect was taken out =(

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1001 View Post

Um alien 3 is the worst movie of the 4 and that is a fact. It cuts off everything Alien and Aliens built as a for the sequel.
Despite Segourney Weaver really enjoying the final outcome of what Alien 3 was supposed to be about?
rolleyes.gif

I still intend to buy the game. If you bought an Aliens game expecting on a GOOD story, please go back and watch the Aliens films and tell me that it's a good story/plot.
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Quote:

ROFL
Not that the guy needs any defense from me, but honestly, most people here would do the same. Think about it; lets say you make a mistake in your life. You log into Facebook, and have a handfull of people posting negativity and hatred on YOUR wall (or timeline... whatever) about your mistake. Are you saying you wouldn't block them? Please. Get off your high horse, we are all human.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purger View Post

Not that the guy needs any defense from me, but honestly, most people here would do the same. Think about it; lets say you make a mistake in your life. You log into Facebook, and have a handfull of people posting negativity and hatred on YOUR wall (or timeline... whatever) about your mistake. Are you saying you wouldn't block them? Please. Get off your high horse, we are all human.
I kind of understand where you are coming from, but I don't think it applies in this situation.

The game was falsely advertised and is absolutely not finished. It should have been delayed. They must have known the game was awful. How do you miss all these bugs? If someone ripped me off $60 you can bet your ass I would do whatever I could to contact them and let them know my displeasure. It's not like we have this guys personal email or cell phone number. He deserves the criticism, and he is not being held to a higher standard than most people would hold anyone.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Why doesn't he just make a post saying "we're working on a response to your concerns and criticisms and will be back to you on X day" ...or "on X day we'll hold a question and answer session for the fans". Making a statement would get the negativity on his feed to calm down. He doesn't need to go blocking people who are just asking questions.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts