Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first review I could find regarding this game.

Quote:

So there's nothing final or particularly satisfying about C&C4's conclusion, and for some reason it tries to replace the tried-and-tested campy cut-scenes with something grittier and nuanced. We're supposed to take this stuff seriously now? While long-time Kane actor Joe Kucan clearly relishes the opportunity to at last lend some subtlety and moral greyness to the shiny-scalped megalomaniac (or is he, etc), the rest of the unstarry cast can only muster bad soap opera.

Source.

Well, looks like I won't be picking this up anytime soon. And to justify the horrible and disappointing game, it's on sale for $45 at my local Frys.

·
Registered
890 Posts
If you play C&C after WestWood stopped being the dev/pub then you fail at all things RTS.. Or you just don't mind throwing away your money to the idea that any new version of red alert will ever stand up to the original.

·
B.O.W
26,977 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chevymeister View Post
I miss westwood.

Me 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuclearCrap View Post
Video game reviews are NOT news. Moved.
darn right.

-----------
Its just one review.

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
yeah. they gave it a 6, didn't they?

i'll only buy this when it's on severe discount, and even then for the SP, just to see what the heck Kane was on about with all of his Ascension talk

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by psik0.k1m View Post
If you play C&C after WestWood stopped being the dev/pub then you fail at all things RTS
So a game series fails just because of a publisher shift? We'll never know if Generals and Tiberian Twilight (or even the next Red Alert) would have been better in Westwood's hands... but that doesn't change jack. The problem I have with people that denounce EALA's credibility as a publisher is that they don't play a game to enjoy it for a game... they play it with the expectation that it will live up to the reputation of previous titles, when that's almost NEVER the case (again, for EALA; Valve and some others are exceptions), and fail to enjoy it for the sole reason that it didn't meet that expectation. If you do that, YOU fail at all things RTS. (Yeah, I've been defending this subject lately, but for good reason... the C&C series is what got me to use Windows from the very beginning.
)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Quote:

The building of units is limited only by an absurdly small population cap and wait time - there's no resource-collection whatsoever. You then proceed to capture various points on the map and to hurl your dozen-odd-strong armies at any other players/AI. If your crawler gets nobbled, you can spawn in a new one after a short wait.

So this is warhammer with a new skin mod?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ya C&C 3 wasnt bad, I actually reallly liked it, Kanes Wrath was awful, RA3 biggest waste of money on a game, C&C 4 played beta and it was horrid, they toook away harvesting, and base management from what I remember. I dont know if they changed anything since release but staying away from this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts