Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Slightly Mad Studios' simulation racer Shift 2: Unleashed will launch in the UK on 25th March, the rest of Europe on 24th March and in the US on 29th March.

"If you want to ensure your place on the starting grid you can pre-order Shift 2: Unleashed Limited Edition and get exclusive access to three very cool, very fast cars and 40 unique career events," reads the official Need for Speed website.

"The cars included in the Limited Edition are the Nissan Silvia spec.R Aero (S15), the Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV, and my personal favorite, the Lamborghini Murciélago LP640."
[ame="[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLj_uhFFQ-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLj_uhFFQ-M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLj_uhFFQ-M[/ame[/URL]]

source

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zawarudo
View Post

no.

lol.

sometimes i think the need for speed brand in general hurts these games. honestly if this was called something else, everyone would be like "this game looks so tits"

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
FYI, they are actually going through w/ what Infinity Ward chickened out on: they're dropping the recognizable "Need for Speed" title. Mainly because they want to differentiate between the sim racing Shift games to the more Burnout-style NFS ones.

I've started to play the first Shift game right now, and it's the most fun I've ever had w/ a sim racing game. Mario Kart influences still creep into my driving skills though, and I get blamed for cutting corners and all that stuff.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyMaster
View Post

Honestly, in the past 6 years or so of NFS, I've liked Shift the most. Can't wait till Shift 2 releases so I can tear it up with a GTX570 or something.

What I'm worried the most about is that they made it all "flashy" and with a lot of unskippable cutscenes like what Hot Pursuit is made of. It was great the first few races, but then it became really tedious waiting for them to finish just so you could get to what you paid for: driving.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mad Mule
View Post

FYI, they are actually going through w/ what Infinity Ward chickened out on: they're dropping the recognizable "Need for Speed" title. Mainly because they want to differentiate between the sim racing Shift games to the more Burnout-style NFS ones.

I've started to play the first Shift game right now, and it's the most fun I've ever had w/ a sim racing game. Mario Kart influences still creep into my driving skills though, and I get blamed for cutting corners and all that stuff.

It isn't a sim though.

Its a wannabe sim that falls flat on its face. NFS going back to its roots is what would interest me. Not some game that tries to be "realistic" by making the cars drive like garbage.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
^^ I'm all for games being realistic, but I want action! i don't want to have to go around a turn at 30mph, and fiddle with the brakes - I want to take it at 80mph and not slide off the track. Dirt and Dirt2 have some of the worst driving characteristics of ANY racing game i've played. Nearly ANY input into the steering throws you into an endless fishtail. Cars are sliding off the track left and right, you cant take a turn doing over 10mph or else you slide off the track it's annoying.

·
I like computers
7,546 Posts
I'm so sick of hearing all the NFS hate. If you don't like the game, fine, but there is no need to try and influence every one else the games are the most awful creations to ever hit our PCs. I love racing sims, have hundred of hours of GTR 2/Evo/GTL, and I LOVED Shift. Yes, I had to mod it in order to make it right, but it's still the best replacement for a Gran Turismo/Forza the PC has right now, and improving on that can only make it better. And the hate pisses me off, because if everyone blindly jumps on that bandwagon, it will hurt sales, which in turn will mean I will end up with poorer and poorer releases to enjoy. It's one thing to caution about not liking the handling, but come on. I'm going to start popping in every thread of games I don't like, which are many, and just saying XXX game is crap because *blah* *I don't like it* *don't play this crap*. Just because that seems to be the thing to do. And I'll make sure to hit every thread of each game I don't like. Some members here feel the need to hit up every NFS thread just to spread the hate. Just stay out.

• Rep+
Reactions: Captain318

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts
Need For Speed's idea of sim is making cars more difficult to drive.
Difficulty = sim, apparently.

I'm only messing, though. Kind of.
I really liked Shift. It's the best one they've done is a looooong time. Real long time.
Of course, that's not saying much.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
first off, horrible title for a game.

second, isnt this supposed to be immersive? isnt that the whole gimmick? if so, the camera needs more bumping up and down to make me naucious.

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts
I would give this a go before I buy it. Shift 1 could have been a really nice arcade/sim racer, but, they messed up the grip levels so much. Cars slid unbelievably when cornering, it was like they replaced grip with Hollywood movie style drifting. There were some nice grip mods, but they stopped working once NFS was patched.

I would give this a "test" before I buy it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts