Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
The screenshots above are taken from the 153 second Unreal Engine 4 real-time demo powered by the Nvidia Kepler GTX 680. It shows an armoured demon knight in a mountain fortress. Lava flows as the knight wields a huge hammer as he enters a metal corridor before looking out at mountain peaks. It's designed to show lens flare, distortion, environmental destruction and other fancy graphics techniques.

The engine itself introduces dynamic lighting, which, according to Wired, behaves in response to its own inherent properties rather than programmed effects.

More info and screenshots
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-17-epic-unveils-unreal-engine-4-with-stunning-in-game-screens

·
Registered
75 Posts
I want to see the video of the demo! Also I like the part where they are trying to get the next gen consoles to use better hardware. Can only hope MS and Sony will listen.

·
Premium Member
8,564 Posts
I don't know why but this looks kind of PS3ish. Overdone postprocessing and colors. Along with the blandness of backgrounds. IDK. Doesn't look as impressive as Samaritan did.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmerrick View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobotheklown View Post

Did games even use UE3 to it's full potential?
No, they did not. Game devs seem to be stuck on using DX9 for god knows whatever reason.
Because its dirt cheap to develop on, not to mention the added bonus of running well on pretty much any system bought in the last 4 years...and consoles.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Quote:

No, they did not. Game devs seem to be stuck on using DX9 for god knows whatever reason.
Oh wait, that's right, consoles
rolleyes.gif

Glad to see they're encouraging microsoft and sony to up their console specs, though.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Shiny! Everything is so shiny! Especially his helmet? Why is shininess equal good graphics?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen86 View Post

Because its dirt cheap to develop on, not to mention the added bonus of running well on pretty much any system bought in the last 4 years...and consoles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobotheklown View Post

Oh wait, that's right, consoles
rolleyes.gif

Glad to see they're encouraging microsoft and sony to up their console specs, though.
I know the main reason is because of consoles, but I thought DX11 was more efficient than DX9. I was refering primarily to how PC games are being made in DX9. It's bullcrap that game devs just sit complacent with ancient tech. Also, from what was said in the inteview, it looks as if the "next-gen" consoles will never be able to run epics engine. Wonder what would happen if all game devs droppsed console development for PC, obviously would never happen, but imagine the great games that would be created through competition.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Hopefully they support larger game environments, I want to play with mechs in a realistic mountain range, which sadly has never been done before. Terrain is always so limited (in height and draw distance).

·
Registered
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiznilian View Post

Looks like an ENB Skyrim mod. Not impressed.
lachen.gif
But this one runs efficient with 100+ fps without any input lag
tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
8,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTC View Post

Shiny! Everything is so shiny! Especially his helmet? Why is shininess equal good graphics?
Someone else noticed it! Yeah...it's like a PS3...postprocess to hell and hope it overcomes the lack of detail elsewhere. Not saying it's "bad" looking but it's definitely not as impressive as I was expecting.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Quote:

Primal Carnage will be released soon; with DX11 in-mind and some other Unreal Engine features. You'll have to wait on bigger-devs to really use it though (At least built around DX11 and not just lighting and particle effects.)

·
Gamer
3,624 Posts
If the engine is what Unreal Engine 3 was for current consoles and PC, it should be another fantastic engine. Graphically it looks a good amount better than Unreal 3. Not the best engine graphically though

·
Registered
964 Posts
this is what D3 should look like

1 - 20 of 67 Posts