Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I probably asked this a while ago, but anybody play. I have played for a month or so, cos i only payed for my account again this month, i started a corp, and im getting back into it. Me and 2 of my m8s play it, anyone else wanna play sometime?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I do
Great game, ive been playing for just over a year.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool whats you in game name, mine is Glitch10240. if you ever wanna play, your probably doing stuff way out of the way for me, i was in 0.0 for a while but my battlecruiser couldnt take it.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Ya I've played for about a year, I'm part of an alliance currently in the 0.0 of the Placid region. Can't wait for the new ships that come out with Kali in a few weeks.

·
Premium Member
5,049 Posts
I played until I couldn't afford it. Havent played since the summer.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
same thing happened to me ran out of money got more now, and im back in for at least another month, loads of ppl i know started playing it again its awesome.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I've been playing just under a year.

I have about 9 million skill points, and like to fly gallente HACs.

In 5 days time i will be flying a fully operational Recon cruiser. I can can also fly gallente T2 frigs, and HACs, as well as battleships and caldari cruisers.

My ingame name is noxious89123 (no surprises there)

I lost a couple of REALLY expensive ships the otherday, and now im pretty much broke, and yet i need to raise 100mil isk+ to BUY a recon :'(

Im a Member of LFC, one the oldest corps in the game, and i love it. Everyone in the corp is great, and its just like a family

We recently joined Lotka Volterra, which is one of the biggest most badass alliances in the game.

Lots of fleet battles vs Red Alliance (mostly russian) and Goonfleet.

Goons play style is weird. They dont so much use powerful ships, more so small-ish ships with HUGE numbers in a fleet.

When LFC was in 3FA we used to be allies, but now in LV, they are a major enemy.

Red Alliance don't see to have morals. they use THE most dirty tactic ever. If they jump into a hostile force, they just log off.

This isn't technically an exploit as as CCP put it 'players are free to log off whenever they want'.

Funny how that is always when their enemies have got about 500 turrets pointed at their head, reading to nuke them back to the stone-age.

I LOVE EVE!

just wanting to get a replacement gfx card so i can get back to HUGE fleet battles without too much lag.

BTW, i live in DEEP 0.0 space in Insmother

So you wont see me flying around.

Hmm, i love the smell of fleet in the evening!

EDIT: Guys, please post your ingame character name, corporation and alliance.

Gives me a better idea of 'who you are'.

EDIT: 375 in local.... we crashed the node about 5 times that night.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Right now Eve is more cpu dependant then gpu dependant. A better processor will increase your frames more than a GFX card since Eve is still a direct X 7 game.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea my pc runs eve full, with no lag, unless something loads in the background and i get a stutter.

My in game is Glitch10240, im in my own new corp: UNited Eden Empire, but i was in DR for a few weeks, too young in the game to cut it down there but was a good exp. Flying a ferox at the mo.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Own a lot of ships atm, lets see I have a dominix, ishtar, ishkur, enyo, arazu, lachesis, brutix, helios, a few iteron III's, lots of T1 frigs, name in game is *removed per alliance request* and I have around 16mil sp heh.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Stop bashing the Goons before I tell them to come swat you outta the sky
hehe nah just messn with ya. I'm in Goon Fleet. Or I was. Havent logged into Eve for few here lately.

and yes your right, we use TONS of smaller frigs, we still kick butt and we lose hardly no isk when something is destroyed. Its the way to go if ya got the numbers to pull it off

·
Registered
945 Posts
Well they cant all be good players. Crap its completely logical the fleet is so big CCP is going to have to release a new skill just to accomodate the size of the corp.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
*post removed*

breaks my corp rules, so i better remove that, lest i been *** pwned by the directors and ceo.

Oh, and hope you know: In Kali, gang sizes will be limited by skills etc.

Gangs will be managed in 'Wings', 'Squadrons' and 'Fleets'. Each with a 'commander'.

This looks like you will be able to combine these types of gang together, so that the leaders of each can communicate with each other.

The system should work well. But the fact you must get skills to do this sucks. It means mosdt people that FC only part time wont have the skills needed to lead more than about 5 people.

Although limitting fleet sizes should be good, in the way that lower gang sizes means less lag.

Hopefully the Goons will stop crashing nodes.

·
Registered
945 Posts
haha Yeah we've been known to do that. And I understand all about your coprs rules and not posting certain things. I shouldnt be saying half of this I'm sure but as I've also said I havent even logged on in awhile. I might be booted out allready b/c we have a poll we have to do monthly to stay in the corp through the in game browser. Ah well. I'm playng other games now anyway haha

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Argh, bum hats.

Lost my iteron to a gang of Red Alliance. Was full of BP's and mins.

Not really expensize bps of mions, but still. Thats stuff that i;d rather have, than not.

I should have stayed in my SS, lol.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got my Raven (Battleship) fitting torps, after the server comes back up

Should have a Ceptor In about 20days

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i guess some should, why no credit card?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
best way to pay for your subscription: Buy time cards with ISK!

Go on the EVE-o forums. You'll find people selling timecards for isk.

I think its about 90m for 30 days. And 90 days GTC's can be upto 300m.

Too much isk for me, so i just use Pay By Cash.

A raven with torps is a beast for ratting. Not too great against anything smaller than a BC though.

I've had Gallente Interceptors for some time now. While interceptors as a whole are REALLY fun to fly, the gallente ones are often beaten easily 1v1 by the other races' ceptors, due to the fact its the slowest.

The Crow is definitely the best ceptor. Missles mean it doesnt have to worry about tracking or range. 2 things that hurt the Taranis alot.

Well, i;ve just finished training to fly Gallente Recon ships a couple of days ago

Just waiting for a corp mate to build one for me (he has BPO) and another corpy to build me a Cov Ops cloak (has the BPO!).

I can also use Tech 2 medium railguns in about 3 minutes. Been able to use medium blasters for over a month now. But now i'm in a different alliance, the combat has changed.

Rather than close up, small gang battles, its large LOOONG range fleet battles.

Only 47 days to T2 425mm's... which are 14m a peice. *sigh*

1 - 20 of 58 Posts