Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
T 0 P K 3 K
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Radeon ExtravaLANza 2017, Presented by AMD and Media XP

Greetings all,

It's that time of year again and OCN has been invited to participate in the Radeon ExtravaLANza 2017! While Overclock won't have a private section or partner status this time around, our community has been invited to take part in the LAN and we'll be providing volunteer staffing for several side events and general LAN party goodness. In particular OCN will be running a series of casual tournaments and pick up games for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds and Rocket League. For the more eSports oriented members of our community there will be competitive tournaments hosted by Media XP for Dota 2, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, and Super Smash Brothers Wii U.

Where?

99 Sudbury
99 Sudbury Street, Toronto
Ontario, Canada, M6J 3S7

When?

November 18th and 19th, 2017
(From approximately 10 AM to 10 PM each day)

Cost?

$20 per person for casual Open LAN tickets or $100 per team for CS:GO and Dota 2

Prize Breakdown for Tournaments

1st Place - $1,500
2nd Place - $750
3rd Place - $500
4th Place - $250

How Large?

80 Dota 2 seats
80 CS:GO seats
40+ Open LAN seats (includes PUBG, Rocket League, and casual gaming)
128 Smash 4 seats

Where Can I Buy Tickets?

Tickets are for sale on Smash.gg here:
https://smash.gg/tournament/amd-extravalanza-2017/

·
PC Evangelist
47,621 Posts
Been waiting all year for this. Can't wait to go.

·
T 0 P K 3 K
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianJ View Post

Any word on internet at the venue?
They have a 500 down 50 up connection. We may be supplementing it with VDSL or fiber, time permitting.

·
PC Evangelist
47,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinf View Post

Woohoo! Down 100%. Volunteering on both sides
wink.gif
need more AMD shirts.
See you there buddy.

·
13,103 Posts
Woohoo, I need to get on figuring out RocketLeague Tournament for this year.

·
T 0 P K 3 K
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post

I'm going to purchase Quake Champions see how that goes.
Quake Champions is being done in the expo, I don't know if there are any formal events or activities for it. PUBG, on the other hand, will be ran by InsideJob, SebKow, and myself.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikkAndrsn View Post

Quake Champions is being done in the expo, I don't know if there are any formal events or activities for it. PUBG, on the other hand, will be ran by InsideJob, SebKow, and myself.
So what will be played in PUBG?

·
T 0 P K 3 K
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post

So what will be played in PUBG?
We are going to try and cover as many game modes as we have prizes, but FPP will probably be the focus since that's the competitive standard. Originally I had been working on a more normal tournament format but since there's not going to be a cash prize what we have to give away will be a bunch of hardware. Instead of doing 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place prizes which could require up to 16 prizes with 4 duplicates of each we'll probably just run standalone mini-tournaments where we only give a prize to the team or solo who won. That way we don't have to worry about having a mixed bag of prizes nor do we have to worry about making the format super official.

·
PC Evangelist
47,621 Posts
Are they really expecting that many attendees?

·
T 0 P K 3 K
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

Are they really expecting that many attendees?
The target is just shy of 400 but a series of delays meant the announcement was quite late. Ticket prices were slashed to basically nothing to try and attract people as quickly as possible. There definitely has been a lack of interest from the public at large this time around, but I would say it would largely be because there was no real promotional strategy beyond the announcement. I'm not seeing any retweets or coverage from any media outlets beyond us and Media XP so I don't even know if any partners will be attending. There are supposed to be some Twitch personalities attending as well but I haven't seen any co-promotions coming out from them. I hope more than anybody that we at least hit 100 ticket sales soon but this is by far the slowest ticket sales rate we've ever had.

·
PC Evangelist
47,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikkAndrsn View Post

The target is just shy of 400 but a series of delays meant the announcement was quite late. Ticket prices were slashed to basically nothing to try and attract people as quickly as possible. There definitely has been a lack of interest from the public at large this time around, but I would say it would largely be because there was no real promotional strategy beyond the announcement. I'm not seeing any retweets or coverage from any media outlets beyond us and Media XP so I don't even know if any partners will be attending. There are supposed to be some Twitch personalities attending as well but I haven't seen any co-promotions coming out from them. I hope more than anybody that we at least hit 100 ticket sales soon but this is by far the slowest ticket sales rate we've ever had.
Yeah I looked and social media and even google for this event and only this shows ups.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Even within AMD there hasn't been any buzz... I blogged internally, but my reach isn't very big here yet. Only 74 views.

"Hi Kevin
I'll be sending out an email soon regarding Extravalanza. The date is November 18 and 19. The venue is 99 Sudbury.
Thank you very much for volunteering." Oct 2nd. I guess she is busy
smile.gif

·
100LB Rig Club
2,579 Posts
Space allowing, i’ll be bringing my twitch setup as well. Surprised at the ticket counts considering how awesome these events are.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts