Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a couple of weeks ago my computer failed to start up whatsoever. By the process of elimination I figured it was the PSU, but having never had this problem or built a PC or anything I thought I better take it in.

Anyway the guy confirmed the PSU died, asked if I wanted a replacement and fitted me with a new 650w "Evo Labs". I was happy with this because it was more powerful than my old one (400w I believe), but now I wonder who the hell Evo Labs are. Did I get a crappy quality part?

- *Off-topic, the guy charged me nearly £30 ($50) for his "services", which was basically a 5 minute screwdriver job. I'm a student so that's no laughing matter. I could be fed for a month on that kind of cash ;_;

That's why next time I'm building my own PC.* -

Anyway, back on topic, anyone know anything about Evo Labs?

·
Bigger is Always Better
1,115 Posts
Who?........

edit:

Did a little searching and I didn't find much. Are they made by Azzta? It sounds like a generic replacement psu and I wouldn't trust it to run anything high-powered than your 7600gs graphics card.

Sorry to hear that he charged you so much for that diagnosis and fix

·
Registered
914 Posts
tried google searching the company. all that comes up is some body building supplement company. found some of their PSUs on ebay and some etailers. but no good information is given. their 750 watt has a 42a +12vrail. other than that seems to be some unheard of company.

·
Straight Outta Commadore
2,728 Posts
Azzta is the company? Maybe that is just a retailer though. Doesn't look like you paid too much for it though. The 650w sells for £24.40.

Looks like they sell PSU's and Cases, maybe more. Never heard of them though. Not idea if they are a rebrand or own company or how good they are.
https://www.azzta.com/shop/brands/EVO-LABS.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it wasn't expensive so I'm not too upset, but I am looking to get an upgrade for my pitiful graphics card, that might become an issue.

Still annoyed he charged me so much, especially since I could have done it myself. PC tech guys must make a killing off the general public.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts