Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just done my first everest ultimate but i dont know wot all the numbers mean can some one please help me to understand them and also.... is these scores avaerag and how can i improve them?? they were done on standerd cpu clocks but i have reached 3.1ghz on this cpu will this help or do i need to run my ram at higher mhz"s??

cheers
LL

·
Registered
178 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by griff83 View Post
just done my first everest ultimate but i dont know wot all the numbers mean can some one please help me to understand them and also.... is these scores avaerag and how can i improve them?? they were done on standerd cpu clocks but i have reached 3.1ghz on this cpu will this help or do i need to run my ram at higher mhz"s??

cheers
Well I would keep a copy of that for latter use. The important things to note are the read/write/copy speeds. Now if you go in and adjust you RAM speed or timings you will be able to run the benchmark again and see if you have made you RAM faster or slower by comparing your results.

·
Premium Member
4,420 Posts
Those are low compared to mine, but only because you have a slower cpu.

Also, raising the cpu clock speed will definitely help, but you'll have to find a different ratio for the ram to run on.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok cool ill try that.. also dose the amount or ram help your read and write speeds?/ sry for all the questions its just im new to all this overclocking and im loving it at the mo just need to get my head around it all> i was thinking of trying to run the ram at 4-4-4-15 or is that just silly???

cheers

·
Registered
634 Posts
read anandtechs guide on the lanparty lt its the same exact thing minus the chipset cooler http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3294

they go into a ton of memory settings and by following it i raised my memory speeds in everest from about 8000 across the board to 9443-9443-8840-53.0 which is sweet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts