Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you go by the core temp or cpu temp, when checking temps for oc'ing. Is everest better than core-temp .95?

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I find core temp to be more accurate, I am unsure where the cpu temp comes into play in everest. I get 30c for both cores but 50 for the cpu temp in everest.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
everest is the most accurate IMO (if you were to look on some torrent sites you "might" find a link or two to the most recent edition...ultimate engineer edition...baddddd asssss)

core temp refers to the on die diode
cpu temp refers to the cpu socket temp sensor

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by an51r View Post
I find core temp to be more accurate, I am unsure where the cpu temp comes into play in everest. I get 30c for both cores but 50 for the cpu temp in everest.
thats crazy....are you liquid cooling???

Usually the on die diodes are hotter than the socket sensors....

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poser View Post
thats crazy....are you liquid cooling???

Usually the on die diodes are hotter than the socket sensors....
I have a brisbane core and I do not think my board supports the new process correctly yet, even with the newest bios.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by an51r View Post
I have a brisbane core and I do not think my board supports the new process correctly yet, even with the newest bios.
ahhhh.... that would make more sense.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poser View Post
ahhhh.... that would make more sense.
Yah I really wish I did know what my temps where, lol, but I have a feeling I will be pleasantly surprised when I do find out cause I constantly think they are to high and lap and reseat and change cooling configs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.