Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i switched from the normal viewer to the console client and saw...

1. lower temperatures. (10-15c drop in temperatures) even with the actual viewer minimized.

2. less glitching. no more fake EUE's or anything.

3. an ability to overclock MUCH higher than with the viewer.

4. some people have reported higher PPD.

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
How does it affect temps. I am totally lost on that.

100% load with one client is 100% load with another.. Unless I am missing something.

Edit: oops didn't see your other thread. Going to go read that one.

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by SniperXX
View Post

How does it affect temps. I am totally lost on that.

100% load with one client is 100% load with another.. Unless I am missing something.

Edit: oops didn't see your other thread. Going to go read that one.

i'm just thinking console client dosent stress it out as much as the normal viewer does.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKI_VT
View Post

I got about 1000 more PPD on my 480

Seriously..

there we go more proof.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SKI_VT View Post
I got about 1000 more PPD on my 480

Seriously..
This.

I saw 300-400 + more PPD and my temps went from ~44c to 36c on an OC'ed 470! Its crazy.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by srsparky32
View Post

i switched from the normal viewer to the console client and saw...

1. lower temperatures. (10-15c drop in temperatures) even with the actual viewer minimized.

2. less glitching. no more fake EUE's or anything.

3. an ability to overclock MUCH higher than with the viewer.

4. some people have reported higher PPD.

You forgot the most important one of them all: No more high pitch noise from the Fermi GPU's. Anyone else notice that or was it just my card?

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hope this turns into more converts. console client is just better for folding overall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aiml3ss
View Post

You forgot the most important one of them all: No more high pitch noise from the Fermi GPU's. Anyone else notice that or was it just my card?

actually i think thats either psu squeal or your fan shifting into high speed if you have it on auto

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
Quote:

View Post

i'm just thinking console client dosent stress it out as much as the normal viewer does.

there we go more proof.

I dont doubt the point increase, I saw it on my old 285s. Im just baffled by the temp decreases. My 9800GX2 runs @ 70C overclocked. I may see if the other client drops temps, but I hate messing with it, lol.

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
Whats the difference? Its all so confusing. I just downloaded the one that I was told to.

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by SniperXX
View Post

I dont doubt the point increase, I saw it on my old 285s. Im just baffled by the temp decreases. My 9800GX2 runs @ 70C overclocked. I may see if the other client drops temps, but I hate messing with it, lol.

all you need to do is extract the download folder for console client onto the desktop and then tell it in the console to save your config and then you never have to mess with it again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_cannonfodder
View Post

Whats the difference? Its all so confusing. I just downloaded the one that I was told to.

console client is better, lol. plus it picks up where you left off.

also you have an older gpu so the GPU3 console client dosent apply to you or am i mistaken and there is a GPU2 console client?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by srsparky32 View Post
hope this turns into more converts. console client is just better for folding overall.

actually i think thats either psu squeal or your fan shifting into high speed if you have it on auto
No, actually the Fermi's have a known problem under Folding (systray that is) that when they are at 99% usage, the capacitors emit a very high pitched squeal. It only gets worse the more you OC. I'm so happy its gone!

·
Premium Member
16,447 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by srsparky32 View Post

also you have an older gpu so the GPU3 console client dosent apply to you or am i mistaken and there is a GPU2 console client?
Of course there is a GPU2 console client.

I use it cause my GTX 480 wont work along side of my 9800gtx if there both using systray client.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aiml3ss View Post
No, actually the Fermi's have a known problem under Folding (systray that is) that when they are at 99% usage, the capacitors emit a very high pitched squeal. It only gets worse the more you OC. I'm so happy its gone!

No high pitched noises coming from mine and I am using system tray.

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aiml3ss View Post

hmm. i never did get it. the only whine i've gotten is from my psu and thats normal capacitor whine.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Quote:

View Post

hmm. i never did get it. the only whine i've gotten is from my psu and thats normal capacitor whine.

I wonder if it only occurs with people who have a waterblock on it.

Oh well, its gone and thats all I care about.

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aiml3ss
View Post

I wonder if it only occurs with people who have a waterblock on it.

Oh well, its gone and thats all I care about.

yeah, who cares what caused it as long as its gone

1 - 20 of 82 Posts