Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently installed my 280 gtx video card. Everything seemed to work out fine except when i go to reboot it pulls up verifying DMI pool stalls for 3-5 minutes the pulls up a PXE-MOF:exiting NVIDIA Boot agent. Disk Boot Failure, insert system disc and press enter. So when i put in my recovery disc everything works great but it wont boot up by itself, and i have tried getting into bios numerous to look and change what boots up first but cant get in there. Never had it booting to disc to begin with so dont really know why it would just change from putting in a new video card. Any advice much appreciated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope i installed over my 9800GTX drivers popped out old card put in new card and that keeps popping up.

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by icyman077
View Post

Try uninstalling the drivers while the 9800GTX is in. Then shutdown and put the 280 and see if it will boot up.

I guess I didn't get over there in time to help him with this. But when he put the 9800GTX back into his system the same thing would happen. So earlier today he went to Microcenter, bought a WD Black 1TB Drive + Win 7 and reinstalled everything and now he's running just fine.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Dude it's not the card you have an Nvidia motherboard something must have caused you to lose you I/O drivers try to boot safe mode or any mode you can get in and install the latest Nforce drivers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts