Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am CONSIDERING upgrading my motherboard, if I can get enough for mine. What's it worth? I RMAed it over a year ago, and it works perfectly. I don't think it has any warranty left, since it was a 2 year and it's more than 2 years old. Also, would upgrading to a similar mobo require me to reinstall Windows? When I RMAed and got a new board, I didn't have to. I am running retail Windows. I am thinking about either a 680i, 750i, or 780i. Would these boards be better at OC'ing my Q6600? I would like the option do SLI down the road, and 680i's are so cheap now. Will a 680i be any better at OCing than a 650i? And what about 680i vs 750i vs 780i for OCing (all evga, maybe even a FTW version, but would prefer 680i as they are really cheap)? I know that is all off topic, but it has to do with whether I sell or not.
Thanks a lot for the help guys,

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
that board, since it is a 650i, probably around $50 or so.

and also, I though I would do the upgrade from my 650i to a 780i, and TBH it was useless. just go for a core i5 and a cheap P55 and you will thank yourself later when you are at 4.2Ghz+ and still have a screaming system in a year or two...

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by wumpus
View Post

that board, since it is a 650i, probably around $50 or so.

and also, I though I would do the upgrade from my 650i to a 780i, and TBH it was useless. just go for a core i5 and a cheap P55 and you will thank yourself later when you are at 4.2Ghz+ and still have a screaming system in a year or two...

well, the thing is if I can sell my 650i for $50, I could pick up a 780i on here for $110, that is a $60 upgrade. I could not do i5 for $60. My Q6600 is still screaming, and I've had it going on 3 years now (bought August '07, most longevity out of pretty much any cpu ever).

And $50 + shipping or shipped? Any other opinions?

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShortySmalls
View Post

i sold a 750i ftw for around $80, so less then that would be good. anywhere between $50-$60 ideal

including shipping? I really want it to sell, not wait for a month or something, but I don't want to get less than what it's worth. I was thinking $50 + shipping (so like $60 shipped flat rate box).

·
Premium Member
9,985 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgdude
View Post

including shipping? I really want it to sell, not wait for a month or something, but I don't want to get less than what it's worth. I was thinking $50 + shipping (so like $60 shipped flat rate box).

well $50-60 shipped is what i think, but $50 plus shipping might not be hard tyo sell either

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShortySmalls
View Post

well $50-60 shipped is what i think, but $50 plus shipping might not be hard tyo sell either

okay, thanks. I think I will sell for $60 shipped, once the guy with the EVGA 780i PMs me back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts