Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad556 View Post

Im going to buy this card soon, but saw it on newegg with dual fans for 400.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130843

came across this from PCCG

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=20330

now would it matter if i brought from the American Store Newegg, could i still use it properly in my PC, and do you think the Dual Fans would be better, im pretty certain there same specs
smile.gif
The FTW Signature 2 has got some pretty good reviews , basically it's a hybrin exhaust\dual fan cooler , and it's boost clock is pretty damned high , i may go as far as to say that it matches the 680 at stock clocks , it's cool and quiet too , a mate of mine bought one of these whereas i went for the Asus DC2 , i can safely say that they are identical in temps and noise , although mine did cost a lot less
thumb.gif

·
Registered
283 Posts
Quote:

EVGA has better core clock and boost clock, or wouldn't it matter so much.
you can always oc them to match the evga or maybe even more

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justhavocman View Post

The FTW Signature 2 has got some pretty good reviews , basically it's a hybrin exhaust\dual fan cooler , and it's boost clock is pretty damned high , i may go as far as to say that it matches the 680 at stock clocks , it's cool and quiet too , a mate of mine bought one of these whereas i went for the Asus DC2 , i can safely say that they are identical in temps and noise , although mine did cost a lot less
thumb.gif
Yeah i went to Scorptec today for advice, the guy who i spoke to was very friendly and honest about his opinions as i had information i looked up traveling there before hand, do you regret buying the ASUS since the EVGA is better, or it does not bother you?.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarly View Post

you can always oc them to match the evga or maybe even more
i dont OC cards room can get to hot, and i have heard some bad things about it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Quote:

Yeah i went to Scorptec today for advice, the guy who i spoke to was very friendly and honest about his opinions as i had information i looked up traveling there before hand, do you regret buying the ASUS since the EVGA is better, or it does not bother you?.
I don't regret it one bit , my friend's card hits the OC cap at 1230 mine was still stable when going 1290
smile.gif
Plus , mine looks a lot cooler and fits the entire theme of my pc
smile.gif
I didn't have the required money to buy the FTW SIg 2 but even if i did i would have still gone for the asus but that's a personal thing though , the Sig 2 is a hell of a card still
smile.gif

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

I don't regret it one bit , my friend's card hits the OC cap at 1230 mine was still stable when going 1290
smile.gif
Plus , mine looks a lot cooler and fits the entire theme of my pc
smile.gif
I didn't have the required money to buy the FTW SIg 2 but even if i did i would have still gone for the asus but that's a personal thing though , the Sig 2 is a hell of a card still
smile.gif
Ok well i think im still gonna go for the EVGA, but gonna buy the 400 dollar one from New egg, would it matter if its shipped from USA, would it work in my PC ok?.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Quote:

Ok well i think im still gonna go for the EVGA, but gonna buy the 400 dollar one from New egg, would it matter if its shipped from USA, would it work in my PC ok?.
You can't go wrong with either cards , i believe you will be paying a lot of customs if you're ordering from america plus the currency difference between USD and AUSD? I too am from australia and had a really bad time ordering from europe .

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

You can't go wrong with either cards , i believe you will be paying a lot of customs if you're ordering from america plus the currency difference between USD and AUSD? I too am from australia and had a really bad time ordering from europe .
I will just buy retail then, thanks for your time and EVGA it is
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
Another favorable vote for the EVGA 670 FTW! They are cool running, high overclocking cards. Backed by EVGA and their phenomenal customer service, I would have to see a lot of evidence against them not to continue buying their cards.

When I bought mine, it had a $20 Rebate, and I got it from Newegg. (combined with gift card, Newegg CC, and a discountcode iI paid $260 BNIB just a few weeks after release)
The rebate was offered by Newegg, through Newegg, but as a "Mfgr Rebate". Newegg refused to honor it, so I contacted EVGA after registering my card. I got a call back saying that they were extremely sorry for the inconvenience, and even tho they weren't actually behind the rebate, they would give me a $20 rebate as they realized that the way Newegg phrased it could be misleading and they "aren't going to screw over our customers because a retailer made a mistake".
A day later, I finally got Newegg to acknowledge that they screwed up (3rd time in ONE BUILD), and they credited my card the $20.
I could have gotten $40 in rebates, but I contacted EVGA (and had just received the fax with the rebate forms) and told them that Newegg owned up, and that I had been refunded the money and thus would not be filing a rebate claim with them. I thanked them for their incredible CS, and they actually offered me the rebate saying it was already approved and was valid. I just said that it didn't feel right, as the issue was handled by the proper party.

That's the kind of customer service I get from EVGA. Even when you don't compare them to EVGA, ASUS and MSI have laughably pathetic CS.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nleksan View Post

Another favorable vote for the EVGA 670 FTW! They are cool running, high overclocking cards. Backed by EVGA and their phenomenal customer service, I would have to see a lot of evidence against them not to continue buying their cards.

When I bought mine, it had a $20 Rebate, and I got it from Newegg. (combined with gift card, Newegg CC, and a discountcode iI paid $260 BNIB just a few weeks after release)
The rebate was offered by Newegg, through Newegg, but as a "Mfgr Rebate". Newegg refused to honor it, so I contacted EVGA after registering my card. I got a call back saying that they were extremely sorry for the inconvenience, and even tho they weren't actually behind the rebate, they would give me a $20 rebate as they realized that the way Newegg phrased it could be misleading and they "aren't going to screw over our customers because a retailer made a mistake".
A day later, I finally got Newegg to acknowledge that they screwed up (3rd time in ONE BUILD), and they credited my card the $20.
I could have gotten $40 in rebates, but I contacted EVGA (and had just received the fax with the rebate forms) and told them that Newegg owned up, and that I had been refunded the money and thus would not be filing a rebate claim with them. I thanked them for their incredible CS, and they actually offered me the rebate saying it was already approved and was valid. I just said that it didn't feel right, as the issue was handled by the proper party.

That's the kind of customer service I get from EVGA. Even when you don't compare them to EVGA, ASUS and MSI have laughably pathetic CS.
out of curiosity your not from Australia right ?

·
Registered
614 Posts

Enough said
smile.gif
. The card is the most beautiful thing on the market. Keppler boost to 1220mhz or something. I REALLY like this card.

(Yes yes I know... "Nice rug"...)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I can't say for the 670 but I can say that EVGA has wonderful customer support. I am in the same vote and ill be water cooling my card but want to get a great OC card so I fusee this thread helped me to.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCBuilder94 View Post

I can't say for the 670 but I can say that EVGA has wonderful customer support. I am in the same vote and ill be water cooling my card but want to get a great OC card so I fusee this thread helped me to.
double post sorry when I bought my first GPU ever I had a user related error. I installed it in the wrong slot. But I called and hour later the rep said have you checked your installation? Well I hadn't and he was still very nice. I would have treated myself like a dumb ass but they were professional and I always go with them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts