Overclock.net banner

eVGA 6800 comparison between 81.98 and 81.26 drivers

1110 Views 17 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Blade
so the eVGA 6800 AGP ships out with 81.26 drivers on disc and I initially installed the most recent drivers off guru3d which are still 81.98. Tonight I'm going to uninstall the 81.98 completely (yes driver cleaner pro will be used) and put the 81.26 drivers on to see how my card performs in aq3 and 3dmark03. I'm also planning to see how much overclock is affected by different driver versions, if any. For the record I do have the vf700 cooler on my GPU.

Does anybody know how to monitor, or track, the temp of my video card throughout the benchmarking tests? Obviously I won't be alt + tabbing out of the benchmark test to see how my temps are doing so I need something that writes to a log file that can be reviewed afterwards. Does anything like this even exist?

I'll post an update after the first set of benchmarks is complete.

Thanks guys!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
486 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cologsx

I hit 57,092 with the Z-Tweaked drivers!! (369/790).

Only problem is, 3dmark03 crashes with 369/790 and even 363/781 which is lower than my original frequencies

Are those default frequencies? I agree with Nooblar about maybe just being oc'd a bit too high. I know these drivers brought my 05 benchmark up a couple hundred points with the same oc as any drivers I tried.

· Registered
486 Posts
Quote:

Ok, lowered my clocks to 351/768 and passed 3dmark03 with only 9834. Also scored 56,339 in AQ3 with those frequencies. I think I'm tired of messing with stuff for tonight (going on 4 hours now) so i'm going to resume tomorrow.

Ok and just for the record these drivers brought my '01, '03, '05 and Aquamark scores up quite a bit but seemed to make no difference on '06 so I'm sure no drivers are perfect for every setup but keep plugging away with different ones until you hit it.........good luck and good night.

· Registered
486 Posts
Quote:

I have the vf700 cooler on it so it has plenty of cooling to support the frequencies I was trying to use. I guess I just didnt get a good card

I played some CS:S last night and the graphics looked like crap with those drivers so I reverted back to the eXtremeG 81.98 v2rev1.

Not sure if I have tried those drivers but sure sounds like a plan, I will try them later and see how they work for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.