Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've got my Q6600 OC'd to 3.5 Ghz, and its stable, but now all of a sudden, when I shut down it get's to the blue vista shutdown screen and freezes. It logs me out fine and starts the shut down but it wont finish it.

Any ideas as to why?

·
Registered
262 Posts
When you are stress testing in windows or playing games it doesnt crash? Try upping the voltage a little bit and see if that helps. Also run memtest and check to see if your hdds are fine if your cpu is stable. If your system is fine just reinstall windows.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope. runs like a champ. I downloaded the new drivers for my mobo, and its still a no go.

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,736 Posts
When you say freezes, do you mean it just sits there but the little circle animation thing keeps going round but it never shuts down?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no, the screen goes half way dark, and the little circle thing freezes. it's like it freezes in the "final" shutdown part.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Just out of curiosity, do you have an aftermarket heatsink? If not, I highly recomend that you get one!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh yea, I have a very nice aftermarket heatsink. its a 120mm rifle cooler with some big ass fins lol.

It stay's cool. trust me. never gets over like 60*C at 100% load on prime 95.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts