Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im buying one on the 29th. I need to know if anyone here has one... and how it performs.

It's the 512MB card that is JUST a little underclocked from a 7900 GTX. I can OC it to the GTX speeds no problem, but Im not realy sure if it's needed.

Curious.

Who's using one?
How do you like it?
Is it worth my money?

·
Banned
7,351 Posts
I don't have one.. but I can tell you that its better then the 7950GT. Its basically an underclocked GTX.

But theres one problem: Theres no way your going to be able to buy a retail one, its out of stock anymore because the GTO was a limited edition thing.. You can probably get one off of eBay or somewhere.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's all it is. Im reasearching for reviews... but I cant find any REALLY good ones. I'll prolly do a review on it. I dont have many games to compare with but whatever.

2 weeks

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
the GTO is an excellent card for the money, no question about it.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
More than worth the money. It'll outperform a GTX running at the same speed due to the timings on the GTO being tighter. Plenty of people have flashed to a GTX bios and got worse scores afterwards. OC it and it'll kick a ~$500 card's @$$ for half the price, that sounds good to me.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
why do you need reviews on the GTO? Its basically a 7900GTX.

·
Banned
7,351 Posts
Yes its a great card but.. like I said, it was limited edition so unless your going to be buying a used one, you won't find it anywhere

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I love mine. Was definitely worth it. Plus down the road if you ever want to sell it you will be able to get a good price out of it because of people that are looking to go SLI.

• Rep+
Reactions: Distraught_Youth

·
Banned
5,020 Posts
its good but expensive.. for aroun 240 or under give or take 10 buxcks you can get the 7950 256 and for almost 300 your can get the gtko 7950 with 512 mb and for 400 an 8800gts by xfx on tigerdriect!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well Im onlyPaying 325 for a new one. A friend used it and decided he wants an XBOX 360 instead. I decided 325 is a good price for it seeing as how it's;

a) Brand New
b) Not Registered
c) EVGA....lifetime waranty
d) 512MB...SICK Heatsink, and INSANE power

In regrards to everyone else. Thanks for the research and comments. +rep coming your way.

I will be eventually looking for another 7900 GTO but the odds of my finding one are pretty slim.

Hey question.... If I do flash the BIOS to a GTX.... and I just buy a GTX, and run those SLi ( providing the clock speeds are the same ) or is that still not gonna work?

·
Premium Member
9,786 Posts
Yea that will work i think, theya re the same main board.

But you wont need to flash it, keep it as it is

Im at 710/1520 atm and increasing. Got 11k in 3d05.

That cooler isnt exactly i beast. i get 37C idle and 60C load. I might invest in a new one. $310 you can get a new one off ebay. And then you could just register that one. Try and haggle him down to $300

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-eVGA-7...QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well once I get this on the 29th.... I'll be broke until February. Grandparent's Anniversary and then I need to invest in a new desk/Sound Card/Ram/LCD. Im pretty sure ONE GTO will be sufficient enough until I can get another =)

Thank you once again though. Now.... even though the mainboard is the same... I doubt I can SLi the GTO and GTX together. I'll do more digging though. Or... just borrow a buddies GTX, and try it =)

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Wow, why would you spend that much on old technology? Get a a 8800gts for 399 instead dude, the power is twice that of a 7900GTO

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
You can get a brand new GTX off of ebay for less than that... $250 US may make it worth it..(whatever that is in CAD)

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sublime0 View Post
its good but expensive.. for aroun 240 or under give or take 10 buxcks you can get the 7950 256 and for almost 300 your can get the gtko 7950 with 512 mb and for 400 an 8800gts by xfx on tigerdriect!
Umm... it's probably the best 7 series card ('sides the GTX). It cost about $250 retail, smokes the 7950GT, 256 or 512.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts