Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys so here is what happened to my gpu/computer. 3 days ago, every time i tried to play mass effect 2, my computer will freeze so of course i will restart it. BUT after few times (i think like 3) my computer will just automatically restarts and i was able to go back to the windows screen. But I noticed that there is wavy greenish lines on the black screen before it changes to the windows log on screen. So that was a problem right? But now my computer can't even go to the windows screen. I still can use safe mode, w/ network and w/ command. But i cannot go onto windows. It will just restarts everytime... So i think my gpu is fried? Sadly i have no other gpu with me so i can try... Any ideas what i can do ?

I tried to clean the gpu but nothing happened. Should i put some thermal paste and bake it? If i do, how do i do it? I have searched on this forum about the self baking. ( But i cant try that yet since i need another gpu )

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanBlackn
View Post

Sounds like a GPU issue. If you cannot find another video card to test it on and you cannot RMA the video card back to EVGA bake it by putting the card in the oven at 375F for 10 minutes and then let it cool.

if i do that, do i put it on the top layer or bottom ? How do i place the card ??? the board facing up? or down?
thanks ..

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Just bake it GPU side down on the middle rack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts