Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Quick question and I am sure it is a no brainier, but I am still somewhat new to custom water cooling.

I recently just ran my first custom water cooling loop for my CPUicon1.png and it came out very nice and no leaks with nice cool temps even with high clocks. I am wanting to make the switch to rigid tubing and want to incorporate my GPU into the loop. The problem is, I have a EVGA Hybrid gtx 980TI AIO.

My question is, is it possible to remove the water block that comes with the Hybrid and replace it with a custom water block for a reference 980 TI? I know the hybrid is just a reference card with the AIO systemicon1.png on it

Any advice/tips/criticism is greatly appreciated

Thank you

·
Meep
5,592 Posts
Its indeed just a reference design, so yep, no problems. take off the old cooler, put a nice waterblock on there, and you're golden.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks Gilles, just a quick follow-up question if I may. I'm went to EKWB and searched for a full plate water block for the 980ti reference card, and got recommended to use Titan X water blocks. I've heard that 980ti and Titan X were pretty much identical with exception of amount of VRAM, but I wanted to make sure before I plopped down $300+ on a water block I can't use. Thanks ahead of time!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts