Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought a Evga 9800gtx + graphics card a year ago and it works perfect. But just recently when i was checking my email my screen turned black and my monitor went on standby yet my pc was still on and working. I checked all my wiring and its fine. I changed my graphics card to the old one that i was using before i bought my 9800 and it works fine. So does this mean that my 9800 is broken? The fan still spins, its just that if i use my 9800 all i get is a black screen

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Most likely sounds like it is bad. If you have warranty, try to get a step-up from EVGA to a GTS250 or something

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't get a windows update in 2 months now, plus i have no warranty because im stupid.
but i do have another computer that i can test the graphics card on, but I would have to wait a few hours until i can use the computer. Rite now im just trying to find out if anyone had the same problem as me.

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
Once you've tested the card in another machine, and if you determine it to be dead, try baking it in your oven. Considering you don't have a warranty, it could fix your card. (Note: I stress "could")

1 - 7 of 7 Posts