Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Dev
Intel i9-12900K
2,079 Posts
Wow! so tempting. lol, I have two RTX 3080 and debating on selling both for that there.

· Iconoclast
34,135 Posts
Are these GPUs actually worth these prices? I mean only reason they look good to most is because they were already beyond reasonable pricing and I am talking MSRP not the shortage inflated scalped pricing.
What something is worth is entirely subjective.

For someone who doesn't have a current gen card, who is finding their last gen or earlier part a bit long in the tooth, an $800 3080 Ti is probably pretty tempting, with good reason. It's competitive with anything of this generation. The soonest a next-gen part is looking to be available is November, which will probably be the high-end Lovelace release (the 4090), which might be almost twice as fast, but should also cost almost twice as much. Anything that will soundly beat the price/performance ratio while delivering at least equivalent performance probably won't show until early next year and there are still quite a few unknowns.

· Registered
3,106 Posts
Are these GPUs actually worth these prices? I mean only reason they look good to most is because they were already beyond reasonable pricing and I am talking MSRP not the shortage inflated scalped pricing.
Yes it is absolutely worth it. I have enjoyed countless hours on my 3090, if anyone does buy one, I always recommend they flash the bios to the higher power limit, so they can get the 3090Ti performance level.

· Registered
892 Posts
  • Pascal (10 series) – May 2016
  • Turing (20/16 series) – September 2018
  • Ampere (30 series) – May 2020
Still with an oversupply, does this mean the 50 series is only going to be 1.5 years away?

Anyway I just got the crappy latest Saints Row game and I want to breeze it in 4k, release them already, the majority aren't going to waste money on these if they still have to keep them till 50 series..

· Registered
1,119 Posts
There's a Gigabyte card that ends up $30 less after a promo code:

It's okay price/performance at this price. More along the lines of where pricing should be but, it's on the high side this long after release. I think everyone would be better off if all the businesses involved are left to sit on their stock until they get desperate enough to run clearance pricing. Price to performance (MSRP) is still at a deficit on average going from the 1k cards to 3k.

· Expert pin bender
3,057 Posts
There's a Gigabyte card that ends up $30 less after a promo code:

It's okay price/performance at this price. More along the lines of where pricing should be but, it's on the high side this long after release. I think everyone would be better off if all the businesses involved are left to sit on their stock until they get desperate enough to run clearance pricing. Price to performance (MSRP) is still at a deficit on average going from the 1k cards to 3k.
Many things do I expect to happen in my lifetime. A new top end or flagship GPU at clearance prices will NEVER HAPPEN in my lifetime. Much as I would love to see it.

· Registered
Budget CPU Motherboard GPU.
265 Posts
Many things do I expect to happen in my lifetime. A new top end or flagship GPU at clearance prices will NEVER HAPPEN in my lifetime. Much as I would love to see it.
If any miracle happen, perhaps within 5-8 years, we’ll be seeing $10k graphic card, and yes some deep pocket enthusiasts will be paying that much to be able to play an 8k ultra gaming.

This is just like TV market 10 years ago, we never expect how middle income household today will be having $2-3k tv in their living room, and how the higher income will be happy to pay $10k for a tv, or just like cellphone market, back in 2012 I thought $300 android was a rip off, I wish they’d get cheaper but then now I have an iphone.

Miracle ain’t real man

· Premium Member
9,007 Posts
I paid $1800 for the exact same 3080 ti XC3 Ultra Gaming about 9 months ago. Totally worth it. I had an LG C1 4K and an AW38" 1600p UW and simply had to push them. ;-) .... Relativity rules.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts