Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
GTX 1080 Ti Club
1,783 Posts
EVGA. Better RMA service and customer support. They also offer the Step-up program which is a huge bonus. After all, it's only 4MHz which can easily be achieved by overclocking. XFX is also a great company. Great customer support and amazing lifetime warranty. Never done RMA with them so I can't comment on that.

Pretty much go with EVGA or XFX. The only major difference between them is the following:

Lifetime Warranty vs. 1+1 Warranty
Step-up Program vs. Nothing

So if you go XFX you get a lifetime warranty, but if you go EVGA you get the Step-up program.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Both are good but I would say EVGA since they allow more "Modding" to the card. You can install aftermarket coolers and overclock on the warranty. BFG however has been known to send out much better cards for replacements when they are out of stock. Replacement for 7900gt is 9600gt appearantly (big improvement).

·
Initializing...
23,790 Posts
Yep go for EVGA!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam1990
View Post

EVGA. Better RMA service and customer support. They also offer the Step-up program which is a huge bonus. After all, it's only 4MHz which can easily be achieved by overclocking. XFX is also a great company. Great customer support and amazing lifetime warranty. Never done RMA with them so I can't comment on that.

Pretty much go with EVGA or XFX. The only major difference between them is the following:

Lifetime Warranty vs. 1+1 Warranty
Step-up Program vs. Nothing

So if you go XFX you get a lifetime warranty, but if you go EVGA you get the Step-up program.

BFG has a 100-day trade-up program...

·
Premium Member
4,046 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrharvey View Post
Both are good but I would say EVGA since they allow more "Modding" to the card. You can install aftermarket coolers and overclock on the warranty. BFG however has been known to send out much better cards for replacements when they are out of stock. Replacement for 7900gt is 9600gt appearantly (big improvement).
I love my bfg 8800GTS and it was from an RMA of a 7900GT, BFG also has a trade up program but evga allows pretty much anything being done to the card being rma'ed

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
EVGA is great in terms of customer support, and their step up program... BFG isn't really able to match those, so I say go for EVGA

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Personally, I've never taken advantage of the trade-in programs and generally cards have died during stress testing within a week of purchase so the retail return policy is usually still valid.

I'd just go with whatever is cheaper, give it a good burn test, and overclock it. Most cards these days only use the reference cooling anyway.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I may be biased because I work for BFG and I personally have a Maxcore, but I'd go with BFG. We have a longer trade-up time period, plus our phone support is open even on holidays. L2 support is the guy that sits right next to me. I've heard him stay on the phone with people for over an hour helping them out (he's earned his phone headset!), and he takes requests on RMAs such as pre-testing replacement cards before shipping them out using certain games or motherboards.

BFG also supports the LAN gaming community by sponsoring LAN parties with swag, prizes and paying for booth space (which reduces your entry fee cost). You can see some of the LAN parties listed on BFG Gaming. We don't just play lip service to gamers. We ARE gamers! I personally go to 1-2 LANs per month. Even our fearless leader is a gamer. At Showdown LAN in Peoria back in September, BFG sponsored a mini tournament consisting of myself, the graphics card product manager and the president/CEO of BFG versus any 3-man team in COD4 TDM. Out of 12 teams we only lost twice. There were some good teams too, since the main COD4 tournament paid out around $1500 in prizes PER person, which drew competitive teams from around the country.

Speaking of LAN party swag, we try to make it stuff that we personally wouldn't mind having. Here's a picture of me (taken this morning in fact) with our latest swag t-shirt design.

Look for it at some future LAN events sponsored by BFG.

·
GTX 1080 Ti Club
1,783 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphi44 View Post
BFG has a 100-day trade-up program...
Oh, didn't know they had anything like that. I was comparing XFX and EVGA with the "Step-up program vs. Nothing" though.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
They're both great companies in my experience. I would consider the overall difference to be so minimal that I'd literally go with BFG just cause it's a cooler looking card. I think the evga gtx260's look like ass. But that's just me. Either way, you can't go wrong. You are literally going to get the same exact card either way, and their policies are nearly identical.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zlojack
View Post

BFG has really stepped up in the last little while.

Their service is getting there and I think the only thing they might not have compared to EVGA right now is the reputation

I do agree that EVGA is pretty well known. However, did you guys know that BFG started the "lifetime warranty" thing? And that not all EVGA cards have lifetime warranties, but all BFG cards do? Also, BFG's toll-free tech support (USA) answers the phone even on holidays and the competition may not.

I think BFG's real fault is that we don't do enough to make all this known to the online community.

·
Premium Member
7,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zap
View Post

I do agree that EVGA is pretty well known. However, did you guys know that BFG started the "lifetime warranty" thing? And that not all EVGA cards have lifetime warranties, but all BFG cards do? Also, BFG's toll-free tech support (USA) answers the phone even on holidays and the competition may not.

I think BFG's real fault is that we don't do enough to make all this known to the online community.

What are your thoughts about the support in Canada? If it's like the for the US I might go BFG for the color, although I do plan to get aftermarket cooling once it's released.

·
Premium Member
7,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by zlojack View Post
Adrienspawn, check here for some Canadian RMA experiences.

There are a few with BFG and all seem to be rated as a 10 for great service and ease of RMA

Apparently BFG has an RMA facility in Quebec!
Thanks, +

Quote:
Tried checking RMA number via BFG site....did not work! "Your RMA number is unavailable/ not recognized". Calling a USA helpdesk line and raising my voice a little, which helped due to the fact that no one knew where my card was. The lady told me that the Canadian depot was new and they still sorta had to sort out their stuff???

The card was shipped back really quick! Good Job...I thought, until I opened the box. I received an older version than my 'old' card, an older core revision that is. Once again I had written down all my serial/type numbers. Some say...ah whatever, but in the end it means I lost on about 50 MHz on both core and mem speeds

Quote:
They received it but didn't update the RMA status for 4 business days, then I called them and they found it that day.
looks like theres a bit of phoning involved

Oh the other hand

Quote:
I love BFG, great company to deal with!!
And their office is in Kannawake which is like an hour away.

Hmm....now onto the EVGA side for Canada.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts