Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
I wouldn't say they're doomed, but that certainly doesn't help them. Even so, they still had a higher PPD than us.

Certainly sucks for the cause to see half a million PPD drop off the charts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIRTYDUCK View Post
That's silly I wonder what happened lol.
He folds on a bunch of blade servers that had been sitting and waiting for new hard drives. Once the HDDs come in then he said the servers would no longer be folding. Looks like that may be happening now.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Sometimes either Stanford or extremeoverclocking has an issue during one of the updates. If that isn't the case, now is our time to extend our lead

·
Premium Member
3,836 Posts
he had to stop folding...his servers are needed for work stuff, as was said a while back...

he has datacenter or somesuch running, that's why he's so high in PPD

·
Super Moderator
23,718 Posts
I didn't know that it would be so soon...

·
Premium Member
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by smoke12291 View Post
hmm..not discrete enough was it?

*runs away*

Did you *ehem* "modify" his blade servers in any way?

·
Registered
12 Posts
He said he would only have them for a couple more weeks about 2 weeks ago. They took pictures of the servers, its a lot more than 12 servers, its like 8 racks of 12 servers. Their top 3 producers are using those servers, all of their ppd will drop severely now as the servers are moving away to be used for their original purpose. He also made a post saying servers are going down.

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike.
View Post

He said he would only have them for a couple more weeks about 2 weeks ago. They took pictures of the servers, its a lot more than 12 servers, its like 8 racks of 12 servers. Their top 3 producers are using those servers, all of their ppd will drop severely now as the servers are moving away to be used for their original purpose. He also made a post saying servers are going down.

That's sad to hear
but Millions of dollars worth of servers do need to earn their keep.

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
This really is sad to be honest. When the top producer has to stop folding, everone loses. I have hopes that EVGA will be able to make up the difference.

We all need to keep in mind that not too long ago did we break the 2 million points per day mark as a team. So things can change fast. EVGA is still a strong team, and will likely continue to grow. Lets all keep our eye on the ball or we may find them a serious threat after all.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DIRTYDUCK
View Post

That's silly I wonder what happened lol.

Hardware failure?

Someone above have answered (at least for a moment)...

!!DIE, EVGA, DIE!!

·
Premium Member
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike.
View Post

Could I get a link for the pics? I just looked for a few minutes, but couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by br3nd064
View Post

He was running like 12 blade servers, right?

If I recall correctly it has 9 of these which are housing 16 of these
each, with 16gb or ram each, not sure on the processor speed.
So that would 9*16=144. 144*2=288 smp clients since they are dual processor servers.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts