Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EVGA has removed the Guest RMA option. EVGA customers are left in the dark on how they can check the remaining warranty length on used evga cards, before purchasing a used one.

The only comment so far made by EVGA is this one

EVGATech_BrandonS

I'm sorry for the confusion; we have now removed the Guest RMA option, and all products will need to be registered and a standard RMA submitted instead.

Source

*update* 3/03/2018

If you want to verify evga product remaining warranty, you have to contact evga support to do so. IMO they should of turned the "Guest RMA" web page into a "Warranty Check" web page. That wouldn't make it hassle to verify product remaining warranty.

EVGATech_JeffP

Hello,

At this point in order to check the warranty on a non-registered product you will need to contact us though phone or e-mail, if your product is registered but was not purchased through an authorized retailer you can also submit a ticket to find out the remaining warranty length on a particular serial number. This is subject to change without notice as with all warranty terms and conditions.
Source

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Ouch. That's big news. EVGA traditionally had the best approach to customer service and RMA's. This makes things more difficult.

·
AMD Overclocker
9,176 Posts
AKA, we don't want people buying used cards, we want them to buy new cards.

#Greed

·
Performance is the bible
7,130 Posts
AKA, we don't want people buying used cards, we want them to buy new cards.

#Greed
Yeah greedy bastards wants to make money. Holy cow how the world has come to when a company in a tough market got to make money instead of just giving it all away.
Lets burn them all. Just like people who ask for a raise on the job they are doing. How dare they ask for more money for the same job.
Lets start #BanEVGA movement right now.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
End well, this will not...

They were charging a premium price for an average product that had a good warranty before, now it's just overpriced junk.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
The only reason why I stuck with EVGA since like 2005 with 6 different cards (7 if you include the GTX 480 I RMA'd), 6600GT thru the GTX 970, is because of their warranty and customer service. First they got rid of the lifetime warranty, but still offer great support and RMA service.

Now they make you register... who knows why... I register my cards anyways... But if this process just makes it more burdensome to get service, what's next for them?

I've heard horror stories about Asus GPU support.

You spends hundreds of dollars on a gaming and pyramid-scheme chip, you don't want to get screwed over with bad customer support.

• Rep+
Reactions: HeadlessKnight

·
Null
6,328 Posts
As soon as I buy a EVGA 1080TI this happens... Well, I hope their original owner/registered RMA is still good. Cutting services isn't a good sign though

·
Registered
456 Posts
It's probably due to the miners. Think about how many EVGA cards were bought in the last few months for mining purposes only. They may not last through their warranty period. Thanks again miners! 200% MSRP cards, 0% stock nationwide, and now all good warranties gone thanks to those guys. My PC gaming enthusiasm just took the biggest nose dive ever.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I don't blame them, I wouldn't want to warranty all those GPUS bought for mining farms.

Just register the dang product and buy new!

I see no problem.
I agree but doesn't help with resale value which is a 2 year -> 1 year -> 6 month -> 3 month occurrence with how often Nvidia comes out with "flagship" GPU's

·
Iconoclast
30,428 Posts
Balancing warranty accessibility with warranty costs is always going to be a problem for OEMs trying to sell products that frequently won't hold up in the long term and that don't often have great margins, especially when supplies are so tight. Warranties are like rebates...they make them look good on the surface then make them as hard as possible to claim.

Having to register a product is a major annoyance. Even having to provide proof of purchase can be troublesome for products I've bought in brick and mortar stores, especially if I've used cash.

Ideally, all I should need is a card with a valid serial number and I'm usually willing to pay more for something with such a policy, saves a lot of trouble later on should I actually need to use it. Failing that though, I'm forced to beat the crap out of samples in the 30 day return window, sending back everything that fails to the retailer, but weeding out the weak samples and almost never having problems with anything that survives.

·
Rabies is my business
4,363 Posts
Doh, thanks for reminding me to register my card.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Having to register a product is a major annoyance. Even having to provide proof of purchase can be troublesome for products I've bought in brick and mortar stores, especially if I've used cash.
You don't get receipts when you pay cash?

"Major annoyance".. really? It took me literally 3 minutes to punch in the serial number, scan the receipt and upload it

·
Sunday League Jibber
4,254 Posts
As above, this is a significant departure of form from EVGA. I understand the business and logistical rationales behind such a move, but as a consumer it's annoying. They were essentially my default for years when purchasing Nvidia. This move eliminates a selling point and introduces a degree of uncertainty regarding their future warranty/RMA policies. Given that, they're no more than an overpriced board partner going forward.

• Rep+
Reactions: Blameless

·
SpaceStationGaming
9,430 Posts
The only reason why I stuck with EVGA since like 2005 with 6 different cards (7 if you include the GTX 480 I RMA'd), 6600GT thru the GTX 970, is because of their warranty and customer service. First they got rid of the lifetime warranty, but still offer great support and RMA service.

Now they make you register... who knows why... I register my cards anyways... But if this process just makes it more burdensome to get service, what's next for them?

I've heard horror stories about Asus GPU support.

You spends hundreds of dollars on a gaming and pyramid-scheme chip, you don't want to get screwed over with bad customer support.

They made you register years ago. It wasn't until the last few years they started the Guest checkout.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts