Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have 2 EVGA GTX 285's in SLI. I was looking ath the software that they gave you to overclock. I don't want to go to far and I was wondering what the THe Highest OC Modle of that care is. Like how you can go on NewEgg and buy the SSC verson that's clocked at 702mhz or whatnot.

I just saved money and bought the 648mhz one. And I want to know all the spec's on the SSC one so I can use the software to overclock it to that. SO atleast I will know it's safe.

Thanks

Edit. The info that I want is The Core, Shader, and Memory Clock's that are on the SSC verson of the card at defult.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,019 Posts
all my GFX cards I buy, are non-OC, because it's a waste to spend the extra $$, smart move there


What I do, is OC to SSC or FTW speeds right away, because I know its safe, and I don't even stress it! Here is the Speeds,

SSC:
Core Clock: 702 MHz
Memory Clock: 2646 MHz (divide by 2)
Shader Clock: 1584 MHz

FTW:
Core clock 720HMz
Memory Clock 2772MHz (divide by 2)

I dont know the shader..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,407 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by kilrbe3
View Post

all my GFX cards I buy, are non-OC, because it's a waste to spend the extra $$, smart move there


What I do, is OC to SSC or FTW speeds right away, because I know its safe, and I don't even stress it! Here is the Speeds,

SSC:
Core Clock: 702 MHz
Memory Clock: 2646 MHz (divide by 2)
Shader Clock: 1584 MHz

FTW:
Core clock 720HMz
Memory Clock 2772MHz (divide by 2)

I dont know the shader..

I tested my card at the SSC specs and just bios flashed my stock GTX 285 to the SSC bios.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,019 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ericeod
View Post

I tested my card at the SSC specs and just bios flashed my stock GTX 285 to the SSC bios.

mHmm, never thought about that... I should do this, as one of my 260 is a SC clock ( i did not know, til the trade was final )

can you link me on how to flash it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
Ha ha I'm waaayy to poor to take the chance of bricking a $250+ card to flash it
. Thats just me though; I spent an extra 25 bucks and got an SC edition that came with a copy of COD World at War free, and the higher voltages neede to OC the heck out of this beast. The stock clocked ones only came with a free Mirrors Edge coupon. It isn't always a bad idea to get the SC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,019 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by tbates1244
View Post

Ha ha I'm waaayy to poor to take the chance of bricking a $250+ card to flash it
. Thats just me though; I spent an extra 25 bucks and got an SC edition that came with a copy of COD World at War free. The stock clocked ones only came with a free Mirrors Edge coupon. It isn't always a bad idea to get the SC.


In certain cases like yours, then its not a bad idea!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,407 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by kilrbe3
View Post

mHmm, never thought about that... I should do this, as one of my 260 is a SC clock ( i did not know, til the trade was final )

can you link me on how to flash it?


Here you go:
http://www.overclock.net/intel-mothe...herboards.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,260 Posts
I say go FTW edition clocks. maybe even 730/2800? That is barely scratching the surface on some amazing overclocking cards.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,530 Posts
Rumour has it that the EVGA GTX285 SSC has higher binned memory and that they originally had it ready to ship with higher clocks but backed it down to its current level due to instability.

I'd suggest doing what Eric did. test your card for a full day at SSC clocks before flashing it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,407 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Robilar
View Post

Rumour has it that the EVGA GTX285 SSC has higher binned memory and that they originally had it ready to ship with higher clocks but backed it down to its current level due to instability.

I'd suggest doing what Eric did. test your card for a full day at SSC clocks before flashing it.

I actually got lucky with my card. The memory runs stable at 1414 (2828 effective). But my shader cant go above 1597...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,774 Posts
These 285 vanilla (non oc models) are running different voltages than the FTW and SSC versions. Actually all OC models have a slight tweak to them...

Vanilla cards come from factory at 1.16vGpu load

FTW/SSC cards come from factory @ 1.26vGpu load.



following the example pic above will mimic the SSC/FTW cards difference. From factory these are all bridged on FTW/SSC models. On most vanilla cards only 2/4/11 are bridged.

This will help if you have an issue getting stable anywhere near 700c/1575s/1300m. If you can already reach those clocks, this mod may not help.

Here is the source of the volt mod showing step by step instructions to go from 1.16 to 1.26 to 1.29-1.33 with conductive paint and a pencil. and also a solder point to bring it to 1.36v.

Without good water cooling tho these cards tend to become unstable around 735-750c/1600-1650s/1350-1400m. with water I have seen 800/1750/1450...

Here is the source thread with 16 or so pages of discussion on the topic.

PS: These cards are not supported with current versions of NiBitor. You need NiBitor 4.9 to read the card correctly.... And voltages are not set in bios, its all external bridging.

Not sure how it effects things, but it reads the clocks all strange ans would hate to se it jar up the mem timings or anything else.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,039 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ericeod
View Post

I actually got lucky with my card. The memory runs stable at 1414 (2828 effective). But my shader cant go above 1597...

Actually, I suspect that if you check the RT graphs, you'll discover that you're actually running at 1584 shader and 1404 memory. Just like the max on my card
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,115 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by kilrbe3
View Post

all my GFX cards I buy, are non-OC, because it's a waste to spend the extra $$, smart move there


OK look at the price of this Non OCed 285

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130442

Now look at the price of this OCed 285

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130446

Why would you not buy the OCed one? ITs 5 dollars more.

I got the 285 GTX SC and it runs stable at 750/1650/1350 and thats just what I bumped it to. Its been on that for over 4 days now. I dont know what it will max at because that the highest that I have gone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,019 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Mongo
View Post

OK look at the price of this Non OCed 285

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130442

Now look at the price of this OCed 285

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130446

Why would you not buy the OCed one? ITs 5 dollars more.

I got the 285 GTX SC and it runs stable at 750/1650/1350 and thats just what I bumped it to. Its been on that for over 4 days now. I dont know what it will max at because that the highest that I have gone.

Some GFX cards aren't like that always, not always just $5 more..

I know when the 9800GX2 were on sale, the SSC was like $75 more, than the stock.. That's why I said it..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,606 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by kilrbe3
View Post

Some GFX cards aren't like that always, not always just $5 more..

I know when the 9800GX2 were on sale, the SSC was like $75 more, than the stock.. That's why I said it.. Kthnxbye

That's a fair comment, but this is about the 285 right? You're comparing apples to oranges.

I went with the 285 Superclocked because it was just a bit more expensive ($25 or so) than the standard 285. I figured if I was shelling out that much cash, 25 bucks more wouldn't end my world.

I'm running at the SC at the same 750/1650/1350 and have never had stability issues with the card. Temps on air remain around 45-50c with the fan at 60% or so.. and a nice 140mm intake just under the card.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top