Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
This is my first thread ever so please bare with me. Kinda stuck on which card(s) to get? I will be running three LED around 27" monitors. 1920x1080
have any other questions about my build please ask. But please respond quick. thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
2 is better than one in this case, but 5760x1080 will probably be a bit of a challenge due to the limited VRAM. I feel that crossfire 7950s would better suit you in this situation. Not to mention, they have seen some very generous overclocks.

Order these and get two copies of Crysis 3 and Bioshock Infinite!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay! Thanks for replying. i will definitely be looking into the 7950s. Out of curiosity, why two copies of crisis 3 and BioShock??? O and i am looking at a Rampage 4 extreme motherboard. i wanna do a red and black color scheme and it seems like its very popular and highly recommended. Any thought?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrRacer33 View Post

Okay! Thanks for replying. i will definitely be looking into the 7950s. Out of curiosity, why two copies of crisis 3 and BioShock??? O and i am looking at a Rampage 4 extreme motherboard. i wanna do a red and black color scheme and it seems like its very popular and highly recommended. Any thought?
You get the game codes with each video card.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,673 Posts
I think you will find this Video very helpful http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw24094REh0.... In very few games, you might be at a disadvantage due to low SLI support. But however, the 660 ti SLI is definitely better. What you should note though, is that you need to get the MSI 660 TI, if you overclock them properly, and you are able to hit up to 1254-1340Mhz. Your GPU will be definitely faster than a GTX Titan.

My 660 Non TI's are overclocked to 1293Mhz/1702Mhz (memory), and it is about 35-25% faster than the overclocked 680, and 15-7% faster than the Overclocked GTX titan, depending on the game Played.

This one comes with $150 value in-game coupon w/ purchase
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127696&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-Desktop+Graphics+Cards-_-N82E16814127696&gclid=CMW04pOmy7UCFQapnQodHHUASw
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
no the kind dosnt matter, its a amd promotion opposed to gigabytes or msi,
have fun with those cards, maybe even look at the 7970 instead of the 7950. whats ur budget ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by george_orm View Post

no the kind dosnt matter, its a amd promotion opposed to gigabytes or msi,
have fun with those cards, maybe even look at the 7970 instead of the 7950. whats ur budget ?
300. So this is perfect. Reading the reviews, everyone says it's a great card for it's money.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,034 Posts
a single HD 7950 will allow you to run triple monitor at high settings without MSAA in modern DX11 games. at the same clocks HD 7950 is 5% slower than HD 7970. so it has amazing bang ber buck. go with sapphire HD 7950 boost. good dual x cooler. unlocked voltage. which country are you from ? what is your config . you can fill it as follows

http://www.overclock.net/t/1258253/how-to-put-your-rig-in-your-sig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu78 View Post

a single HD 7950 will allow you to run triple monitor at high settings without MSAA in modern DX11 games. at the same clocks HD 7950 is 5% slower than HD 7970. so it has amazing bang ber buck. go with sapphire HD 7950 boost. good dual x cooler. unlocked voltage. which country are you from ? what is your config . you can fill it as follows

http://www.overclock.net/t/1258253/how-to-put-your-rig-in-your-sig
I'm going to water cool it. I live in the US. And the list of the computer is going to be my first build so if you have any suggestions please tell
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrRacer33 View Post

I'm going to water cool it. I live in the US. And the list of the computer is going to be my first build so if you have any suggestions please tell
SAPPHIRE HD 7950 boost with model no (11196-16-20G) uses a reference HD 7950 PCB.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202006
http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?p=AT-7950BST

has the AMD marking above the PCI-Express connector which confirms a reference AMD PCB design.

http://www.coolingconfigurator.com

ekwb lists the card as Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost 3GB GDDR5 (11196-16) and shows compatibility with full cover blocks.

if you want input on the rest of your PC build start a thread in the Intel or AMD General section. give a budget and state what you would be using the PC for other than gaming. currently a core i5 3570k is the best option for gaming at a good price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
827 Posts
I wouldn't suggest a 660 Ti for multi-monitor gaming, its 192-bit will probably cripple it and its 2 GB vram ( unless you get the 3 GB one ).
If you're going for 3x monitors don't get 2 GB, look for 3 GB of VRAM.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top