Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a EVGA GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 water block and want to water cool it but cant seem to find anyone that knows what blocks are compatible with it and will work due to its large board. I have been suggested the Alphacool NexXxoS GPS - GTX 970 M02 but can't find any more information about if it will be compatible. Thanks for any help that you can give!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've been searching for a pair of blocks for that card as well. Several sites say the Alphacool NexXxoS GPS - GTX 970 M02 fits, I can't seem to find them anywhere though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So I've been looking into this as I have a pair of GTX 970's with the ACX coolers. Is there any news on full cover blocks for these cards at all?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinJ View Post

So I've been looking into this as I have a pair of GTX 970's with the ACX coolers. Is there any news on full cover blocks for these cards at all?
The EK rep here said they're coming up with blocks and backplates for the EVGA versions of the 970 earlier next month.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulstaker View Post

The EK rep here said they're coming up with blocks and backplates for the EVGA versions of the 970 earlier next month.
Awesome. Thanks for the info. I've wanted to try my hand at a custom loop for a while now but haven't been able to get going because there's no blocks available for my cards.

·
Go Again!
5,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinJ View Post

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I've wanted to try my hand at a custom loop for a while now but haven't been able to get going because there's no blocks available for my cards.
same situation here. I just ordered a fractal r5 and I want to move to a custom loop. I have a evga 970 ftw acx 2.0. I hope the full block drops this month.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm just out to do a simple loop with just my videocards. I keep eyeballing EK's website and hoping. I need to get it done before summer time. I don't have air conditioning and I just switched to an mATX build so my cards aren't spaced apart. The summer here will be murder on the top card. I figure it'll throttle all the time, or my PC will sound like a leafblower trying to keep it cool and either way I'll go nuts
tongue.gif

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey guys I'm looking to get some fc blocks for my O4G-P4-2974-KR GeForce Gtx 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 cards. Can anyone confirm that the following block from EK will work with these cards?

Video card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SuperClocked ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5 (04G-P4-2974)Published on: 09/19/2014
EK-FC970 GTX ACX - Nickel [3831109830499]visual▲▼
90.12 €
Or has anyone actually installed them on their cards?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlan View Post

Hey guys I'm looking to get some fc blocks for my O4G-P4-2974-KR GeForce Gtx 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 cards. Can anyone confirm that the following block from EK will work with these cards?

Video card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SuperClocked ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5 (04G-P4-2974)Published on: 09/19/2014
EK-FC970 GTX ACX - Nickel [3831109830499]visual▲▼
90.12 €
Or has anyone actually installed them on their cards?
I have the same card in my TGB Mk1 build and can confirm that it does i would suggest quickly looking at the cooling configuratior that EK has to double check but I'm 99% sure.

Hope this helps!

That's my card with it installed.

·
Registered
641 Posts

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
I have the GTX 970 FTW + ACX 2.0 and EK has no plans to make an FC block for this card, the Alphacool block is not a bad looking block and it comes with a back plate, I purchased one for my previous card a PNY GTX 770 enthusiast edition 2.0 the one with 3 fans, really temped to purchase the Alpha cool block but even on air my card stays around 62c., I don't OC it, don't need to it runs 1437 on it's own.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts