Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i want to ask that i have a evga gtx 980 ti ftw edition and want to watercool it but the problem is i cant find the gpu block for it what is the solution please give me solution to the fol answer
Question No. 1 I have heard that Evga uses reference pcb on all the version including ftw execpt for classified and kingpin edition, so can i use the reference gpu full coverage block on the ftw or not

Question No. 2 Should i use universal gpu block the thing is i can use it on any gpu without spending too much on every new card every year

Question No. 3 If i should go for universal block what should i do with the vrm temp and i have seen a video in which a person installed a titan x version with the evga gtx 980 ti superclocked version

so i need some solution what do you say

·
Registered
470 Posts
There isn't a full cover waterblock for the FTW edition. I ran into the same issue with mine. There are three options.

1. Alphacool NexXxos GPX 980, which comes with a waterblock for the core and what is essentially giant heatsinks for the VRM and VRAM. Review here.

http://www.xtremerigs.net/2015/04/03/alphacool-nexxxos-gpx-gtx-980-m02-with-backplate-review/

2. EK Thermosphere, which is a universal block. You'll need to modify the stock G80 mounting bracket if you want to keep the stock EVGA midplate that cools the VRM and VRAM. I suggest pointed a fan at it as well for additional VRM cooling.

3. EK VGA Supremacy, which is another universal block. You shouldn't have to modify anything to fit it, but I still suggest pointing a fan at the VRMs.

Some people have reported that letting the VRMS cool passively was okay. I went with option 2. Check my build log to see what I did. I'm pushing 1.275V to the card at 1506mhz. Seems to be doing fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FYI - the OP specified the 980 ti FTW. The suggested Alphacool 980 M02 cooler does NOT fit the 980ti. Not even close.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts