Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the two are basically identical in terms of performance but I would like the more efficient 570. Heck, I may even Sli them. I will likely sell my current GPU to make up some of the costs. My questions for my peeps are what kind of performance and thermal gains would I see and what is my current gpu worth?

EDIT: What the deal with the "HD" version? Why is it cheaper?

·
Fortnite Fanatic
2,906 Posts
Why would you spend money doing this?
confused.gif

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygonn;13026616
Why would you spend money doing this?
confused.gif
My reasons are listed above. Lower power consumption mostly though. I like my 480 and I was considering adding another one but with the 570 have slightly higher clocks and less power consumption it seems like that would be a better solution rather than just adding another 480. My Sandy Bridge will be here soon and I think another GPU should go along with it.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
it's a sidegrade at best... save your money and keep the 480 until kepler arrives

• Rep+
Reactions: xxlawman87xx

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
From experience running both the 480 and 570 in SLI, I can tell you that the 480 is the superior card. Granted, I am running at a very high resolution, so the extra Vram on the 480 helps.

Testing in Bad Company 2 I noticed a 50% difference between the 2 cards. The 480 being the victor. Now, your experience may be very different on a 1 display setup. However, to me, going from the 480 to a 570, on a 1 display rig is just a side grade and not worth the money or the trouble.

• Rep+

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Removed.

·
Fortnite Fanatic
2,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlawman87xx;13026692
single card to SLi is not a sidegrade...but what the consensus on the keplar release date?
The reason I asked is because a 480 and 570 are almost identical performance-wise, with the 480 having more vram for extra eye candy if desired. Since yours is under water you don't have temp/noise issues. If you desire more performance I would suggest adding a 2nd 480 to your loop and waiting for Keplers release. No release date yet, but our best guess is towards the end of the year.

• Rep+
1 - 10 of 10 Posts