Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got an eVGA card, and if you dont plan on overclocking, it wont burn out. However, compared to the others, it's probably the loudest. Thats exactly why I got an Arctic Silencer NV5 and slapped on a little bit of Arctic Silver 5 and it runs cooler than ice at 380/800 (stock 325/700).

Unfortunetly, a cooling-fan upgrade will get you an instant warranty void, so BE CAREFUL NOT TO SCRATCH ANYTHING WHILE INSTALLING!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
the leadtek has the best cooler, then the bfg special one. but its easier to just get the evga and buy an artic silencer 5

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
BFG use dual fan copper cooling solutions, not sure if its on all their cards but that cooler rocks.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
its definatly better then the refernece cooling. and it comes on the 6800OC and the 6800GT OC...but not all of them, they have 2 different models

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by steveo420

heard bfg's cooling isnt that great

worst i heard is the coolers having poor contact, nothing a remount didnt fix, after that i was reading ppl getting max temps of like 55c load

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATVkid*AFZ*

get an iceberg 4/ iceberg 4 pro depending on what card you have....cools my 5600 great

thats not quite enough for a 6800gt...unless u LIKE 80*c idles lol

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ket

good way to BURN the GPU in i guess

haha...yeah...and smoke it to..u could probly get high while OCing your vid card

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

haha...yeah...and smoke it to..u could probly get high while OCing your vid card

while cooking a full fry up on the GPU too

·
Registered
235 Posts
i just got my card, the one in question, like a week ago. (In NEVER fails that the part i buy goes on sale 1-2 weeks after i decide to finally buy it, this is the fourth time!!)

and i think the cooling on this card is great. I couldn't hear it over my 6 fan case, so as for sound... *shrug*

but do yourself a favor if you plan on OC'ing... if you buy this card, buy some arctic silver 5 at the same time. And re-install the heatsink, with the AS5 on there. That'd be just as cool as getting an arctic silencer 5 (which is what i did)

my GPU runs at 48 celcius idleing, granted its a little nippy in the house right now. but it did run at 61 degrees stock. So i can't say it'll drop down to 48 just from Asilver5 *shrug* i absolutely love this card though. you're lookin at one of the best deals (in terms of cost/performance ratio) out there for this class of GPU.

The way i saw it was, "I just saved 100$ by chosing this card. I guess i'll order some decent cooling stuff to stick on there with the money i saved."

Turned out to be the best purchase i've made yet building my first rig.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by steveo420

I heard no matter which one you get the gpu just runs really hot. Best thing you can do is slap on a artic cooling fan and some artic silver 5 and hope for the best.

really the only instance i've seen of this card running really hot was when i updated from the 66.93 drivers to the 71.20/71.20b driver. (not sure if it was the beta or not)

i gained in my scores. but at the cost of almost 10 or more degrees.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts