Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...maybe. I'm not sure. Just built a new rig with a eVGA X58 mobo. When I go into Windows Explorer after a restart the DVD drive shows up. After a few minutes it disappears. I installed Win7, Photoshop, and Office off this drive, so I know it works. I've been trying to burn a disk, and this is when I notice it disappearing after I've tried to burn something. Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Have no idea where to start. Any ideas what I can try? Anything to check in BIOS?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
819 Posts
DVD make and model? Does this happen when the DVD drive is plugged into another port on the mobo? What program are you using to burn? Does the DVD drive disappear when you burn with other programs (Windows Media Player, ImgBurn, Winamp...)? If you restart does it come back? Or how do you get the DVD drive to reappear after it disappears?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by tubesaddict View Post
DVD make and model? Does this happen when the DVD drive is plugged into another port on the mobo? What program are you using to burn? Does the DVD drive disappear when you burn with other programs (Windows Media Player, ImgBurn, Winamp...)? If you restart does it come back? Or how do you get the DVD drive to reappear after it disappears?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Tpk=27-151-175

It's a Samsung EIDE. So there's only one place to plug it in. I was using Win7 built in burning utility. Yes, when I restart it comes back. But it seems to disappear after awhile. But it comes back after every restart for a bit. When I'm booting POST recognizes and lists the drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts