Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im stuck between buying a Asus or Evga. Asus has the overclocking which i love and Evga has the bracket and back plate. Im just torn between the two!!!

·
Premium Member
11,021 Posts
Evga

·
Banned
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by tipsycoma
View Post

I'm pretty sure EVGA has voltage tweaking for their 400 series cards now, right?

yeah they do. just some people get lock ups when trying to overclock memory and then when people on asus cards they have like all the over clock ability in the world

·
Initializing...
23,790 Posts
EVGA because of lifetime warranty and step up.

• Rep+
Reactions: Sentry21

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
If you're into registering cards evga. If you're not, Asus. Otherwise you won't know the difference. Warranty is irrelevant because you won't even have either of these cards in 3 years.

I like Asus and MSI because I can sell the card with a warranty when I want to get a newer card in a year.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Definitely go with Evga. They have a beatter warranty and the backplate and HF bracket are sweet if you plan to leave it on air. Any brand 4xx card can be overclocked with voltage tweaking via MSI Afterburner 1.6 beta. If you want to save some money newegg has MSI version for $299. I have never had an MSI card but from what I have heard they have a good warranty/RMA process. Good Luck! With any of these brands you will be golden, they are all the same card anyway, they just have a different shroud and different people handling warranty claims.

·
Registered
936 Posts
EVGA is good but i had problem 2 card in a row for my gtx 470 so i have to switch to asus and so far so good.

but anyway both cards are good so you cant go wrong with either the evga or asus...

·
Banned
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by trademark
View Post

EVGA is good but i had problem 2 card in a row for my gtx 470 so i have to switch to asus and so far so good.

but anyway both cards are good so you cant go wrong with either the evga or asus...

yeah. that sounds sketchy 2 evga card problems. whats up with that

·
Registered
936 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mocha989 View Post
yeah. that sounds a ***** sketchy 2 evga card problems. whats up with that
maybe bad luck man 2 times in a row i return my evga gtx 470 in frys (brand new card) both failed on me
so i end up buying asus at bestbuy.com)
i never had problemw ith EVGA Card in the past. maybe just not my luck man.

·
Registered
936 Posts
but yah like i said both EVGA and ASUS have good customer service 3yrs and the other lifetime so by the time u hit 2yrs or 3 yrs u going to upgrade anyway so both brand/manufacture card in my honest opinion works.

·
Registered
511 Posts
This is sort of a no brainer.

EVGA is probably the most consistent Nvidia maker out there. They very very rarely miss the mark. Asus of course is no slouch, but I think they make a better Ati card than Nvidia. Plus the EVGA is more attractive.

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts