its all in the numbers anyway
EDIT:3dmark06 results
Before OC:889
After Oc:1166
So IT WORKS WOOO

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Did you see any improvements with performance?
I love eVGA Precision. It is hands down the best proggy for GPU control.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it seemed to improve loading times in mirrors edge by quite a lot
precision rules and i did not even get any increase in temp not the slightest
maybe 1 or 2 C but IMHO PResicion RULES
all shuld bow down before its might

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
Yea I use it too.
BTW, fill in your specs under userCP!

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,147 Posts
Yeah, I prefer EVGA Precision too. But, EVGA Precision is RivaTuner, but with a different GUI and far less features. It could be affectionately called "RivaTuner Lite", because that's essentially what it is.

I prefer EVGA Precision because to adjust the clocks, all I have to do is open it up and it's ready to go. It's nice because I don't have to click on a button, then click on another button, then check a box to enable overclocking, then click Detect, then adjust the clocks and then click OK. And if I want to monitor the clocks and temps, I don't have to click on a single thing. I just move my eyeballs to the space on my monitor where Precision's monitors are. Nice.

So, yeah. EVGA Precision is awesome because it's so simple.

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
yeah i hate how complex riva tuner is. evga ftw!

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables
View Post

Yeah, I prefer EVGA Precision too. But, EVGA Precision is RivaTuner, but with a different GUI and far less features. It could be affectionately called "RivaTuner Lite", because that's essentially what it is.

I prefer EVGA Precision because to adjust the clocks, all I have to do is open it up and it's ready to go. It's nice because I don't have to click on a button, then click on another button, then check a box to enable overclocking, then click Detect, then adjust the clocks and then click OK. And if I want to monitor the clocks and temps, I don't have to click on a single thing. I just move my eyeballs to the space on my monitor where Precision's monitors are. Nice.

So, yeah. EVGA Precision is awesome because it's so simple.

QFT

New cables in the avatar I see. Very nice

Quote:

Originally Posted by rex922
View Post

im ashamed of my pc

its a prescott

Nothing to be ashamed of. If I could remember them, I would list the specs of the Epson my Dad bought for the family in 1986

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,147 Posts
Quote:

View Post

im ashamed of my pc

its a prescott

What?! I had a Gateway (yeah, a pre-built) that had a 500MHz Pentium III, 384MB of RAM, and a Voodoo3 3000 AGP, and I still put it in my sig rig back when I had it. So you can certainly do the same. Besides, the whole point of having it there is so people can see what you have if you ask for help or if you are speaking from experience. Besides, if anyone says anything about it, then that's their problem, not yours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceballsrules
View Post

QFT

New cables in the avatar I see. Very nice

Nothing to be ashamed of. If I could remember them, I would list the specs of the Epson my Dad bought for the family in 1986

Ha, thank you, but it was made by The_Rocker. He expressed his opinion to me a while ago about my other avatar and then offered to make me a new one, and that's the result.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,147 Posts
Quote:

View Post

the only reasn i like my pc is that its well taken care of
the specs imho are EPiC Noobish

It doesn't matter what the specs are. Not even if it's a system with a 33MHz Pentium. Just put them in there and be as thorough as you can. This will help others help you should you ever have questions about it. Think about it: they won't have to ask you for your specs, and you won't have to type them out every time. It'll be much easier for both you and them.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
l m f a o, i saw that there was no sig and then you were talking about it and i was reading and i went to page 2 and then i saw "the horror!!!" and you had posted your rig RIGHT as I clicked page 2.

That is not so bad. my mom has a p4 that's under 2Ghz, 512mb of ram, a 20 and 50gb pata hard drive and a nvidia 5200 graphics card......

·
Registered
668 Posts
since this is an evga precision thread...anyone notice that gpuz will give you what you entered in precision......but precision will only sometimes show exactly what you entered in?

I found this to be quite annoying until I finally overcame my laziness and downloaded gpuz to find out precision has a bug.

ALSO to any readers who agree with this thread.....if your supported, try evga's new voltage tuner. AMAZING clocks once bumped a notch or two

edit: for example of good clocks see sig.....My gpu wont even allow me to boot if I try running those numbers at stock voltage.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,147 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rex922 View Post
LOOK AT IT THE HORROR....the Horror(now scarred for life)
I honestly don't see what the big deal is. It's not like everyone's going to look at your sig rig and judge it, or think, "hahahaha omg how pathetic". That's stupid and ridiculous, man. Besides, if anyone wants to be ignorant enough to pass judgment on your sig rig, then that's their problem to put up with every day, not yours!

Besides, hiding the truth makes no sense whatsoever. I mean, what's the big deal? That's how it is, y'know? So what? It could be worse. You could have a pre-built Gateway running Windows 98 with a 500MHz Pentium III, 384MB of ram, a Voodoo3 3000 AGP, a 40GB IDE Barracuda, CD writer, and a CD-ROM drive with an old 19" CRT monitor.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
The system sig is for people to help, knowing specific models or specs. I can understand if its not within your budget or schedule to build a new system but there's no need to be embarrassed by the computer you use

I still have a Pentium III rig that runs with an Nvidia 4 series

Just to stay on-topic, Evga Precision is really user friendly. The extra apps from Evga are awesome!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Berger View Post
since this is an evga precision thread...anyone notice that gpuz will give you what you entered in precision......but precision will only sometimes show exactly what you entered in?

I found this to be quite annoying until I finally overcame my laziness and downloaded gpuz to find out precision has a bug.

ALSO to any readers who agree with this thread.....if your supported, try evga's new voltage tuner. AMAZING clocks once bumped a notch or two

edit: for example of good clocks see sig.....My gpu wont even allow me to boot if I try running those numbers at stock voltage.
Agreed.

I have my GTX 280 set to 688/1377/1280 but Precision is reading it as 675/1350/1269.

GPU-Z displays accurately.

I recently upgraded to version 1.4 and love the fact that it has a G15 keyboard plugin so I can monitor my clocks, temp and even FPS while in game!

Adjusting clocks on the fly is also very handy.

I installed the voltage tool but it doesn't work with my MSI card.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
I honestly don't see what the big deal is. It's not like everyone's going to look at your sig rig and judge it, or think, "hahahaha omg how pathetic". That's stupid and ridiculous, man. Besides, if anyone wants to be ignorant enough to pass judgment on your sig rig, then that's their problem to put up with every day, not yours!

Besides, hiding the truth makes no sense whatsoever. I mean, what's the big deal? That's how it is, y'know? So what? It could be worse. You could have a pre-built Gateway running Windows 98 with a 500MHz Pentium III, 384MB of ram, a Voodoo3 3000 AGP, a 40GB IDE Barracuda, CD writer, and a CD-ROM drive with an old 19" CRT monitor.
i look at your system and im like ***
damn i used to use an old p1 piece of****
and after that a p3 piece of ****

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,147 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rex922 View Post
i look at your system and im like ***
damn i used to use an old p1 piece of****
and after that a p3 piece of ****
Rex, I know how you feel. But trust me, it's silly. Believe it or not, I joined Overclock.net back in late January of 2008 under a different name. When I joined, I still had a pre-built. It was the Gateway I mentioned a couple times in this thread already (but it was running XP Pro SP2). I admit that I would look at other people's sig rigs (even ones like yours) and wished very strongly that I had something like that. I even believed that I would be extremely happy with a 1.8GHz AMD Sempron.

But then I suddenly became aware that everyone else had fearlessly filled in their sig rigs, so it was only fair to them that I did the same. And so I did. After I did it, it became much easier to communicate with others because they could see where I was coming from and thus it kept everything in perspective and in its proper context, when needed.

So again, I see nothing wrong with your sig rig.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.