Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
The difference is that the SC version is slightly oced from evga. If you can get it cheaper thats better for you. But also it doesnt mean that it wil oc better than the non-sc one.

·
Overclocker
2,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post

Is there any binning or even circuitry upgrading involved or did they just get any ACX one, clocked it higher and put it in another box?
I believe they just clocked them higher as any gtx 770 should be able to hit 1137mhz boost.

Most cards boost well above the "stock" boost clock out of the box.

The only cards I know to be binned are the gtx 780 classys. The gtx 770 classy might be binned too but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosAD View Post

The difference is that the SC version is slightly oced from evga. If you can get it cheaper thats better for you. But also it doesnt mean that it wil oc better than the non-sc one.
Chaos, Is completely correct.

The stock Reference card and the SC card are identical just a factory OC on the SC. The Classified uses a beefed up PCB.

The cooler whether the blower or ACX does not change the card specs at all besides temp and direction of air flow. the blower is good for low airflow(air leaves through back) cases and the ACX for higher air flow( air is left in case while cooling GPU better and needs to be removedwith good case flow)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts