Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day,

I currently have a system that I want to run SLI in. The current card in the system is the EVGA GTX970 SC (04G-P4-2974-KR) and the only other card I can get currently is the GTX 970 SSC (04G-P4-3975-KR)

Now as far as I know they should be able to SLI fine, but the local computer store contacted EVGA and EVGA says that the 2 cards cannot SLI together?

What would the reason be ? ... Have they changed where the SLI fingers sit or something ?

This is what EVGA Sent the computer store:

They say we can only SLI cards in the same column.

All information would be greatly appreciated.
Regards

·
What should be here ?
6,000 Posts
They may have had a miscommunication as those are pretty straight cards that can be SLI'd. Send them a screenshot after you put them in SLI. They sure goofed up pretty bad.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzug View Post

They may have had a miscommunication as those are pretty straight cards that can be SLI'd. Send them a screenshot after you put them in SLI. They sure goofed up pretty bad.
That's exactly what I was thinking
smile.gif
... Thanks for the confirmation
smile.gif

The only difference as far as I know between the 2 cards would be the clock speeds

·
Registered
5,382 Posts
People have been having issues ding sli on EVGA cards that are the same, yet slightly different.
For example, trying to sli an sc and an ssc wasn't working.
It's a ridiculous issue, that shouldn't even be there, but it is.
Get the exact same card just to be sure. People have had to go through some extensive hoops to try and get the cards to work, such as bios modifications, with limited results.
I'm not sure if this is an EVGA issue, our just an issue with the 9xx cards :/ general, but just take the safe route

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHMfreak View Post

People have been having issues ding sli on EVGA cards that are the same, yet slightly different.
For example, trying to sli an sc and an ssc wasn't working.
It's a ridiculous issue, that shouldn't even be there, but it is.
Get the exact same card just to be sure. People have had to go through some extensive hoops to try and get the cards to work, such as bios modifications, with limited results.
I'm not sure if this is an EVGA issue, our just an issue with the 9xx cards :/ general, but just take the safe route
If that is the case, that makes me worry.

I am lining up a Classified card to run with my Kingpin (getting it @ like half price) ... haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts