Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
You know nvidia is employing some straight up BS when the golden child leaves. Luckily, they've carved out a decent market in other areas. Not gonna lie, I'd like to see an AMD ftw3.

·
Overclocker
2,801 Posts
Watched the whole video, certainly seems like they aren't completely honest about why they are stopping. I understand the EVGA CEO might not like the way Nvidia does stuff and is tired about their BS, but it makes no sense to not entertain doing cards for AMD if that is the case.

Guess they are taking a break and hoping Nvidia will let them sell cards again in a few generations? Or maybe it has something to do with EVGA making an X570 mobo?

• Rep+
Reactions: newls1

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
There's some positive for water coolers if its founders basically become the reference pcb from now on. We no longer will have crazy wait times for GPU waterblocks.

·
PC Master Race
522 Posts
Gonna be another slow XFX style company death. Interesting!

• Haha
Reactions: The Pook

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
EVGA GPUs have been all I've been buying from the Nvidia camp since my 5870 AMD card. That said, I love my 6900 XTX

·
Registered
641 Posts
W board vendor, stick to MBs EVGA. They can have my money from now until I go broke.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
This really sucks.

During the height of the shortage, I scored a white Gigabyte 3070. It was a pretty good card although half of the logo would not light up.
But them came the Gigabyte PSU fiasco, in cahoots with Newegg. I stopped shopping at Newegg for that and Newegg's bundle scam they were doing at the time.
Then I heard some people complaining that Gigabyte was giving them lame excuses for not honouring the warranty on their video cards. That was enough for me. I sold the Gigabyte 3070 and bought a EVGA 3080 TI FTW.

Well, so far this card has been pretty awesome. And I also like how so many people have reported how good EVGA is regarding their warranties. This is the first EVGA card I hvae ever purchased for a personal build. That's too bad, it seems they may of been one of the best brands.

I can't blame them though. We have all heard about the a-hole things nVidia has done over the decades.

Maybe EVGA could get into VR? I sold my VR stuff when it was bought out by Facebook. I refuse to be involved with anything facebook. If EVGA built VR headsets, we know they would be quality. I would buy one.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I honestly have not like the design of their cards for a long time. Very tacky. And they had that recent issue where their GPUs were dying as they were using lower end parts in the MMO game people were playing. However, they had a good warranty and one less seller is not good for the consumer.

The timing is a little susss considering the GPU mining death and nVidia's soon to be announced products. I know a lot of people will just think this is all nVidia's fault, but we are only hearing EVGA's side.

Making such a huge announcement and relying on popular YouTubers to spread the news is very strange. And EVGA's only official written comment on this coming as a short forum post on their message board seems suboptimal for a business of literally any size.

https://forums.evga.com/Official-Message-from-EVGA-Management-m3574574.aspx

·
Indentified! On the Way!!
2,999 Posts
nVidia being nVidia. Say it ain't so????

None of this is surprising, really. Nvidia is just a garbage company and has been for quite some time. Yeah, their GPUs are great, no doubt (were great?) , but there comes a time where you can apologize only so far.

·
Overclocked
3,992 Posts
This is bad. EVGA is the only decent company with problem free warranty and customer support when it comes to Nvidia GPUs, and they are balanced in terms of quality and price. Asus has technically no warranty and their cards are rather expensive. MSI and Gigabyte are not much better. Zotac makes cheap cards with lower PL than reference cards but are cheap and their warranty is subpar too. Not sure which brand is comparable to EVGA.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Considering the Nvidia fiasco in regards to Hardware Unboxed, not surprised at how they tend to treat their AIB's. Gamer's Nexus is right though, if they ever plan on getting back on the GPU game, it would behoove them to strike now while the iron is hot. Doing it 2 to 3 years later will not make as much of a impact as like announcing they will be having talks with AMD and Intel in regards to GPUs and motherboards.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
So 70%+ of EVGA's business is GPUs, if they don't announce that they have reconciled with nVidia and or that they are now making Radeon GPUs... this is bad.
I haven't been to the evga forums but they apparently changed how to get into the elite membership, had staff layoffs for the past year, got rid of EVGA bucks, have been discounting many items (IE PSUs) for the past few months.
I really hope we aren't see a demise of this company. I hope they can pivot and survive.

Gonna be another slow XFX style company death. Interesting!
XFX is still around...

Never owned an evga graphics card. Why bother when the rest are cheaper?
Because if you lived in the US, EVGA was BAR NONE the best customer service out of EVERYONE.
MSI, Gigabyte, Asus, As Rock? LOL all of them are insanely garbage when you actually need them.

EDIT: and I'm sure someone is gonna post about their horrible experience with EVGA after purchase support, and I acknowledge you too. However in the massive sea of things, they are still miles above the others.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts