Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
lol...soon cards are all going to be sold in individual components... ultimate 'micro' transactions FTW!
biggrin.gif

·
Consumerism 101
4,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baasha View Post

lol...soon cards are all going to be sold in individual components... ultimate 'micro' transactions FTW!
biggrin.gif
If it works for the gaming industry, why not the gaming card industry
rolleyes.gif

PC gamers are officially the most easily manipulated consumers on the planet
thumb.gif

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
Lame. I understand the desire to move the cables to another side of the card, but bleh. $20 sale price for sure.

·
Premium Member
8,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagle3092 View Post

Please stop.
lol, I could never understand why someone wants their PC to look like a Christmas tree. I basically turn off or blacken out all computer LED's, too annoying/distracting.

·
Enthusiast Gamer
3,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallsignVega View Post

lol, I could never understand why someone wants their PC to look like a Christmas tree. I basically turn off or blacken out all computer LED's, too annoying/distracting.
Exactly

RGB LEDs in a computer case are super gaudy and look absolutely ridiculous.

Dyed coolant in clear tubes or a custom paint job/colored sleeves is all the color you need.

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallsignVega View Post

Its really getting ridiculous, gpu with rgb, mobo with rgb, heatsink with rbg, fans with rgb, psu with rgb, keyboard and mouse with rgb, I am sure there will be ram with rgb soon if it hasn't happened yet. Might as well make some ssds, hdds, and bluray drives all with rgb while they are at it. Hell even razer made a MOUSE PAD with rgb lighting.

My issues isn't necessarily with having leds in particular (because when done right it can look very good), its that the are shoving this crap in EVERYTHING. Yeah you can turn it off but in the end you are still paying for it.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
why buy this overprice thing when u can wait 3rd party maker to do it much cheaper?
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
I thought RGB was "cool" back in 2009 when I had blue LED all over for an "essence and hint effect", and where it was associated with case modders lol. Now, it's a thing for gamers that has a case that glows crazy colors. I think plain and sleek looks better nowadays.

·
High Clocker
3,409 Posts
But I like my RGB. Blue when temps are under 20C, Green 30-40C, Orange at 50C, Red if anything gets over 60C.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts